• alternate mixes
  • all albums released on BD-A with DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound
  • some multitracked concerts
  • raw MSG footage
  • All Earls Court concerts released separately
  • Pontiac 1977
  • RAH 1970 on Blu-ray

Amen.

Someone send this to Jimmy/Jones and the whole team.

Especially those miles of '77 tour footage.

Can someone enlighten me- who only can listen on computer and in car what BD-A is...

That would be Blu-Ray Audio music only discs, with the audio in the highest resolution possible. Only worth getting if you have really good kit to play it on.

In an inteview in Mojo magazine issue 229, December 2012 Jimmy talks about a number of Zeppelin projects that "will" come out startng next year.

There will be one box set per album with different versions as extra tracks. He does'nt go into anymore detail.

With this and the planned almost complete solo album due this time next year.

2013 could be an exciting time

I hope so. Let's wait and see.

I just ordered Mojo the other day. Thanks for letting us know! I can't wait too! :D

yeah something tells me the BD-A would be lost on me even if I had a good sysem...I usually cant even tell when something is remastered or not even on friends million dollar set up...as itunes rule the world the stereo system is dying ...except for tv's it seems ...I couldnt even come close to affording any of it. When my cheap 500 dollar setup broke eleven years ago I never replaced it...Zep fans still tend to be audiophiles cuz we are older but I have talked to under 30 people who don't even know what "receiver" means Now I am falling behind myself...my main reason for liking blu ray is durability...I used to get so many "floater"(loose in box) dvd's that were scratched so far I am on good roll with Blu Ray...Our tv is only 720 p so I am not getting the full 1080 experience but they do look better even on my inferior equipment ...I honestly didnt know there was a blu ray audio til this release...doesn't seem like DVD A caught on...but I imagine the BD audio will be great for people ready for it....

Can someone enlighten me- who only can listen on computer and in car what BD-A is...

If your computer had a Blu Ray drive you could listen to it. No car systems as yet. Hopefully Blu Ray Audio will catch on more than SACD. Which is a shame, because the 2 disks I have (Dark Side Of The Moon and Elton Johns Madman Across The Water) sound amazing. Full, rich detailed sound. And the Pink Floyd surround mix is so enveloping! The big deal with Blu Ray is the uncompressed sound it offers. DVD is compressed. There are arguments on both sides if there is a difference in sound, I hear it and feel it! With the storage capacity of Blu Ray you can get so much more in every way.

Jeff

I can understand wanting the fullest resolution possible, but I don't have that good of a 5.1 system and I do most of my listening on headphones while multitasking. Also, I don't know if enough music will be released on BD-A to warrant me buying a better 5.1. Same thing with SACD, never really felt the need to buy a player since a majority of the music I listen to hasn't been released that way.

Here's hoping for $20, no frills, 2 disc sets in addition to other options ;)

There will be one box set per album with different versions as extra tracks. He does'nt go into anymore detail.

I wonder if this news is related?

(Shepard) Fairey, a fixture on the global street-art scene for a quarter of a century, is putting the final touches to his first solo London show in five years. He is also preparing the cover art for a re-release of Led Zeppelin's back catalogue and has just finished a collaboration with Neil Young.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/street-artist-struggles-with-success/story-fnb64oi6-1226504851894

More apparent confirmation of these reissues today, in a feature about Peter Mensch for the Sunday Times.

The interviewer refers to being with PM "in a taxi heading to the west London studio where Jimmy Page is holed up, remastering every Led Zeppelin LP" .

He then discusses being joined by JP over a cup of mint tea, at the studio.

Here's the link to the article, which is mostly about Peter and Louise Mensch - but you have to subscribe to read it .. .

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/Magazine/Interviews/article1154594.ece

...not a chance on the $20-$30 range

Mothership is like an icepick in my ear- typical Kevin Shirley punch and chop. So grateful he wasn't a part of post production on Celebration Day.

...and despite what we have been told Page did many, many more than 3 solos for STH.

If Page is truly doing a full body makeover on LZ catalog all I have to say is go for it. Blow us away. One of the techniques Page used was a mixdown tape prior to the master tape- with the master only being dragged across the recording heads once which is why their sound is so big, alive and clear without being artificially EQ'd, Leveled, Pushed and Squashed. We got the LZ sound, not without the record press inserting himself as a 5th member of the band.

None of the recordings that were stolen or whatever from his house were any of the mixdown tapes. If he is remastering from the mixdown tapes and not the final masters it would give him the ability to go into the mix and exercise his production gifts. Just going over a master again would be boring and not much yield.

I am hoping by box they just mean something in the 20-30 dollar range with 2-3 discs maybe in each....Mothership certainly didn't have any magic remastering...I dont even listen to it...just seems louder and not as crisp to me..

this all getting about as interesting as things could POSSIBLY GET........I figured this sort of project would be next on the Zeppelin release drawing boards (many moons ago a little bird told me JP had originally planned to put this same project together around 05 / 06- but had gotten so completely disgusted dealing with the other two that he finally threw his hands up and shelved the whole thing!)......but to come right on the heels of Celebration Day is way more than I could have ever imagined!!!.....GOD BLESS JIMMY PAGE................

I guess this can be linked to the "Why doesn't Pagey do something" thread? I've stated many times over-that I had a gut feeling he has been working on multi-projects, as he is commonly known as the care-taker of all things Zeppelin related. He's not getting any younger, and I would predict that if there is anything left worthy of release from him (solo wise) and Zeppelin material, you will see it very very soon.

Never doubted the guy for a second...even if it took much longer than most would expect.

I guess this can be linked to the "Why doesn't Pagey do something" thread? I've stated many times over-that I had a gut feeling he has been working on multi-projects, as he is commonly known as the care-taker of all things Zeppelin related. He's not getting any younger, and I would predict that if there is anything left worthy of release from him (solo wise) and Zeppelin material, you will see it very very soon.

Never doubted the guy for a second...even if it took much longer than most would expect.

In total agreement with you! That's the way (That's the way it will be!) I've always felt about this in what JP has been conducting his time. Always feast or famine and we will have a huge, Thanksgiving like feast with Celebration Day, the album box sets (with unreleased material) and a Jimmy Page solo album, probably next Fall. Things are certainly looking good in Zep world and how can you complain? :thumbsup::banana::chickeddance::yay:

watching Celebration Day and seeing the pictures of him in Tokyo he looks absolutely resurgent

He won't put anything out unless it is additive to the reputation

Your absolutely right. You won't see Seattle 77' or anything else that's sub-par, released officially. He's got some more tricks up his sleeve for sure. And it's going to be fabulous just like the HTWWW CD and 2003 DVD- trust me.

A lot of people don't realize just how much work goes into something like that.

Sometimes, depending on the circumstances of the project and juggling other situations/obstacles in your life, it really can take years to put something together......especially when your talking about a perfectionist like Jimmy Page..

Your absolutely right. You won't see Seattle 77' or anything else that's sub-par, released officially. He's got some more tricks up his sleeve for sure. And it's going to be fabulous just like the HTWWW CD and 2003 DVD- trust me.

A lot of people don't realize just how much work goes into something like that.

Sometimes, depending on the circumstances of the project and juggling other situations/obstacles in your life, it really can take years to put something together......especially when your talking about a perfectionist like Jimmy Page..

Once again in agreement! Absolutely!

I wonder if there's a time table for these...IF we are talking more than 30 a piece am not sure it's a good idea with the state of cd's now... I see so many deluxe editions and boxed sets of even the beatles is used bins. If it really is Jimmy's project he'll do it right I am sure...I just hope it's not 100 dollar hardcover book etc that makes their catalog in the 1000 dollar range in this format.

I just looked at Floyd ones..well I guess these aren't in my future...over 100 dollars a piece it seems...at least there's Robert and SSS's new cd next year

Dude, it's Zeppelin! Not to mention the fact that if they take their cues from Floyd, they might release discounted versions of the boxes - the main albums plus bare essentials when it comes to the extra tracks.

Archived