Why I would be okay if they didn't tour.

Krish

Not that I matter in the great scheme of things concerning Zeppelin, but the bottom line is I would love for them to tour - I've been a fan since Black Dog was plalying non-stop on the juke box in Junior High during the 1970s - I never got to see them live, but they remain my favorite band (followed by The Stones, Springsteen, Rush, Maiden & Dio-era Sabbath) and Achilles Last Stand is my favorite song of all time by any band.

But, one thing that really stands out for me and many of us with Zeppelin is their integrity. If they chose not to tour (and I guess this really boils down to Robert) because they do not want to revisit the past and ride on the warhorses of old glory, then fine. I have to respect that. Everything I've read in print by each of these 3 surviving members and even what I've listened to from interviews with Jason always points to the fact that they have immeasureable respect for each other, for the music they created, and for their legacy, so if they don't tour there must be a solid reason behind it and I'm not going to let it get me down so much. I may even have more respect for them if they chose not to cash in on their legacy. I will always continue to play Zeppelin songs in the OR.

Not that I matter in the great scheme of things concerning Zeppelin, but the bottom line is I would love for them to tour - I've been a fan since Black Dog was plalying non-stop on the juke box in Junior High during the 1970s - I never got to see them live, but they remain my favorite band (followed by The Stones, Springsteen, Rush, Maiden & Dio-era Sabbath) and Achilles Last Stand is my favorite song of all time by any band.

But, one thing that really stands out for me and many of us with Zeppelin is their integrity. If they chose not to tour (and I guess this really boils down to Robert) because they do not want to revisit the past and ride on the warhorses of old glory, then fine. I have to respect that. Everything I've read in print by each of these 3 surviving members and even what I've listened to from interviews with Jason always points to the fact that they have immeasureable respect for each other, for the music they created, and for their legacy, so if they don't tour there must be a solid reason behind it and I'm not going to let it get me down so much. I may even have more respect for them if they chose not to cash in on their legacy. I will always continue to play Zeppelin songs in the OR.

Finally, someone who gets it!

Yes, I will accept their next move too whatever that is or isnt. I will be dissapointed if O2 were to be the end-as I missed it, however I did have my moment in '79 at Knebworth so I shouldnt complain. All in all my view is that respect for their decision is due to them; theyve surely earned it. However I just think the next move is already underway and that we will see them perform again. Ive felt that from the moment the reunion was confirmed. The whole Zepp machine has been dusted down/ revamped..Mothership/TSRTS/This site---as far as I can see this is the launchpad for the re-birth of the band. Robert will do the shows with Krauss no doubt, but the big question remains what happens after that? My opinion is that we'll see them resurface sometime before the end of 2008

I agree 100% with what you have said. I too would love to see them play again, but I fully respect their desires. They've made their mark in history, they've imfluenced countless musicians, they've done their share. Let them rest if that is what they want to do.

I totally agree. I really don't care if they tour or not, I feel they have done enough, already.

If all they can accomplish in touring again is playing the old songs then I'd agree with you. It would be great but they would just be recreating the past. That's why it's really important that they come up with new material, something different from what has gone before.

If they didn't tour, I wouldn't be totally "OMG ZEPPELIN SUCK THEY'RE SELL-OUTS" blah blah blah like some people do about certain bands [iron maiden not playing desired locations is one example] I would totally understand. However, I'd absolutely LOVE to be able to see them just once because I've never seen them as I'm only 15 and wasn't born at the right time :(:lol:

Plus, no one ever said they were going to tour. It was never confirmed. People have formed this line of thought out of rumors.

Robert is the only one who's ever said he doesn't want to tour afterwards, and the most recent quotes show that he's on the fence.

They are pretty good at controlling how they are presented in major magazines. The fact that the Rolling Stone cover had the subtitle "and talk about the biggest tour ever" should tell you something. They NEVER would have allowed that subtitle to print unless there were a shot of a tour.

In the same interview Robert talks about how he was dead set against the reunion but that now it's all he wants to do. That sounds to me like he sees the band as a living entity with useful potential beyond O2.

Robert is the only one who's ever said he doesn't want to tour afterwards, and the most recent quotes show that he's on the fence.

They are pretty good at controlling how they are presented in major magazines. The fact that the Rolling Stone cover had the subtitle "and talk about the biggest tour ever" should tell you something. They NEVER would have allowed that subtitle to print unless there were a shot of a tour.

In the same interview Robert talks about how he was dead set against the reunion but that now it's all he wants to do. That sounds to me like he sees the band as a living entity with useful potential beyond O2.

What I meant was that the tour was never a confirmed event. I'm sorry if you understood otherwise.

this is the only aspect the bothers me if they do not tour...it always seems that Jimmy and JPJ would do it and Robert always squashes it.........Frankly I would be bothered less if none of them wanted to do it

to me it's such a perfect time for them to tour again and be in the spotlight.........today's bands, and I mean real current, like what the kiddies listen too these days, are so far removed from Zeppelin, a lot of them could use a little schooling as it were.....a revival of Zeps influence can only be a good thing for the music scene

As someone who was at the concert on Monday night I would say that Led Zeppelin live is something that is too good to let die. The band were magnificent and I have NEVER been to a better concert. So what would be great is if every one or two years they did a few concerts rather than undertaking exhausting tours. Let people come to see Zeppelin rather than the other way around - London, New York, Rio, Los Angeles, Toyko. And even better if they started writing some new music. God that would be wonderful.

They shouldnt tour they should always be able to say they did what they did and never whored themselves out and cashed in.Led Zeppelin is the biggest band ever, noone can touch em.As time goes by they get better and better.And to ride that wave having only been together on the 70s is a wonder.We Know it would be the biggest tour ever and that probably no one can or will ever be able to draw that kind of attention and money. But isn't knowing that and not doing it the meaning of integrity. And never selling out ,never trying to be #1 doing everything with integrity is Led Zeppelin.One final thought, Robert doing music with Alison Krauss is what Zeppelin was all about.Not looking to the outside world for what you should do.Stretching ,growing doing something new at every turn was Led Zeppelin.Best of luck to you Robert, the path you follow is in inspiration to me.

Why I am more than okay if they do whatever the hell they want:

For the reasons stated by the OP, and because I realize it isn't about ME, and what I want, think is owed to me, etc.

Some of you don't seem to care whether the members of Led Zeppelin want to tour or not. You don't care whether a tour would negatively impact their families, their mental or physical health, or anything else.

Honestly, you'll stop at NOTHING!

The ONLY thing that appears to matter to you is that YOU get to see them in concert. It's unfortunate that due to [insert natural disaster here] you barely missed seeing them in [insert year here]. I realize you grew up on their music and got your children into them and now you want to experience that together. I know all those things. And I sympathize on an extremely superficial level, because seeing some rock group in concert, even one as great as Led Zeppelin, is an extremely superficial goal for someone to have in life.

So think about that, and read this very closely...

This. Is. Not. About. You.

They could play like crap and be miserable and be doing a tour solely for fans, not even into it themselves, and you wouldn't care as long as you got to say you saw them. And got some official merchandise. Or whatever. Now isn't that the bottom line?

That's so lame! And so selfish! Stop immediately! :angry:

Yeah, I know, fat chance, but hey.

Consider stopping immediately! B)

Briefly contemplate stopping immediately! :hippy:

Compensate by seeing Dylan the 50 times he'll come to your town next year!

Dylan! YAY! :banana:

I would be okay if they didn't tour too. You'd just have to be, not realy much we can do about it except moan on the boards.

But...

As someone who was at the concert on Monday night I would say that Led Zeppelin live is something that is too good to let die.

I wasn't there but I wholeheartedly agree having caught the clips on t'internet.

I would be okay if they didn't tour too. You'd just have to be, not realy much we can do about it except moan on the boards.

But...

I wasn't there but I wholeheartedly agree having caught the clips on t'internet.

And I should add that their only responsibility is their own personal happiness. They have given so much that we are all already hugely in their debt. BUT - I think some (and maybe all) of the band would also find a lot of happiness and joy in playing the occasional concert and having a go at making an album or even just recording a few songs.

Excellent points made here. The guys aren't obligated to tour nor do they owe us a tour. They only owe it to themselves to do whatever makes them happy.

If they tour, I'll definitely be there. If not, fine. The world is not going to end. :)

I've never seen Led Zeppelin but I'm happy for those who seen them live back in the day or at the O2.

:)

Archived