What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Seems like the worst of the pollen is gone, following some heavy rain yesterday. I just got back from my first run in ~ 6 weeks (hay fever break).

Both daughters are registered for the race training program with me

Good luck to you all. What a nice and healthy family activity. Have fun with the girls.

This is more of my idea of a healthy family activity!

t83nfo.jpg

I FINALLY got my garden planted! It's been so cold around there that I actually repotted my plants and put them in the windows. Now they're in the ground (and some potted on my patio), but I'm happy that they're finally PLANTED!

Yay!

(...and it's still quite warm here even though it's almost 1am. We had to turn on the a/c today.)

This is from 5/15/2010 at my sons Tulane Graduation- just posted today, but one of the best and proudest days of my life :D

This is part of the speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DrFax_GNPs

2010 Commencement Ceremony at Tulane School of Architecture- An Actual Graduate classmate of my sons!! Hilarious

Edited by Deborah J

my darling bought me a car cd player for my birthday! :cheer: i haven't been able tp play any music ( not even the radio ) in my car for ages. all i had was a tape player which didn't work about 90% of the time, and when my little boy was about 3 ( 6 years ago ), he broke off my aerial :( so i have only had my own voice to listen to .... :P:o:wacko:

can't wait to blast the zep again! :yay:

got the cd player installed today! :D:D:D

Seeing my daughters dance on stage today smile.gif And celebrating my niece's 21st birthday smile.gif

Watching your daughters on stage must have been a real....Thrill...er laugh.gif

I've posted this everywhere, so this (until now) has been the exception.

I SIGNED A CONTRACT FOR MY FIRST FULL-TIME TEACHING JOB THIS AFTERNOON!

I was interviewed on Thursday, they offered me the job on Friday, and today I signed my contract! Whoo!

It's a small, new(er) rural school that will be a 110 mile round trip drive, but the drive is reasonably easy. I hit the freeway, and once I get out of Boise, I have been able to set the cruise control and go with it. I get of the freeway after about 20 minutes and the rest of the drive is on a state highway that is BARREN.

I will have only about 75-90 kids--max. I am going to be THE high school English teacher (10, 11, 12, college prep 12). The school is a junior/senior high school (7-12), and there are only 150 kids in the whole school. I'll have about half of them. I will also be the yearbook advisor, I think, (that's not set in stone, but they did say that they wanted me to be the advisor).

It's on a 4-day work week, meaning that the only Mondays I have at school are in-service days, and there are ONLY SIX of those.

Though I haven't seen my classroom yet, I have a sneaking suspicion that there may be Macs in the room... (the district office had NO PC's...)

My pay is low, but that's becuase I'm a brand-new teacher--much better than many of the school districts who are cutting teachers' pay because of financial emergencies, and much better than my friends who have a year's experience and they're searching for jobs because the bigger districts have cut their jobs entirely. My pay is the same as it was for first year teachers this year, and that's crazy becuase many of my friends have had to take a $4-5K CUT.

So in short.....YAY!

I've posted this everywhere, so this (until now) has been the exception.

I SIGNED A CONTRACT FOR MY FIRST FULL-TIME TEACHING JOB THIS AFTERNOON!

So in short.....YAY!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad to hear it worked out! Yea for you!!!!!cheer.gif

What made me happy today was talking to the endocronoloy nurse Chris, who took the time to talk to me, explain my test results and reasure me that all was well. Sort of, at least all things point to benign - so ...

FUCK YA! Still here fellow babies!!! Let the good Lord and the Mighty Zep lead the way!

What a load off of my mind! Now I'll be off to tackle my lazy teen, wounded marriage, unemployment and personal bankrupcy, also world hunger and middle east peace.

It's going to be a busy day.

What made me happy today was talking to the endocronoloy nurse Chris, who took the time to talk to me, explain my test results and reasure me that all was well. Sort of, at least all things point to benign - so ...

FUCK YA! Still here fellow babies!!! Let the good Lord and the Mighty Zep lead the way!

What a load off of my mind! Now I'll be off to tackle my lazy teen, wounded marriage, unemployment and personal bankrupcy, also world hunger and middle east peace.

Excellent news cheer.gif

Most excellent :)