What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Watching my daughter open her birthday presents.

And trading a few words with me old mucker Joel.

And that in turn made me happy too. :D

My ole buddy Big BlueS*.....

*just cause you forgot...I didn't, but wanted to comply with the new BB....

Edited by Joelmon

^ your son is a few months older than I am, Hotplant!

:D

Strange...my sister's birthday is Dec. 16--yesterday :huh:

I got to sleep in. Now I have to get my ass moving. I have a test to study for. <_<

I know.....I could be many's mother here. It's bad enough having BD's myself, but as my kids continue onward and up the BD's are a rude reminder. :(

But, it also reminds me how much work I did do as a mommy, and produced some fine specimens to leave on the Planet!

My son could read chapter books entering kindergarten, I taught him myself. :)

Hey, good luck on your test Mandy!

^ hi! :wave:

I thought about something my 22-year old sister Brittany said to my 14-year old sister Courtnee last night when I was on the phone with the older one. She was asking me about D'yer Maker--she's always loved the song, but she's not into Zep a whole lot. She asked me what the name was, and my 14 year old sister blurted something out that was obvioulsy not the correct answer.

Brittany--"I'm talking about Led Zeppelin, dumbass, not the stupid shit you listen to."

Courtnee--"You guys are too old. Zeppelin is for old people."

ROFL

The little biting remark Brittany said just busted me up. Courtnee listens to absolutely zero rock. I used to drive around in my car with her when I still lived with my mom, listening to Zep, and I'd try to educate her on the big bad Zep. I apparently failed. :lol:

"Run To the Hills!"

:hysterical:

My dad LOVED the original song!

I also loved the original. Getting into Cream rescued me from my metal phase. There was a time when I was a total maidenhead.

Wait. That doesn't sound right at all. :rolleyes:

Sadly it isn't on their MySpace, but Slim Jim also covers HMMT and the Immigrant Song. It's a fucking laugh riot.

BTW, here's a gif of their new sign, that they unveiled at the show I went to.

l_c4eb1349b5fea8c8cfe6e52c177bb008.gif

Their next show is performing in between periods at a local women's rollerderby match. :hysterical: I'm so fucking there!!!!!

Oh my God!

I played some of those songs, and Dave came out of the other room and said "please turn that crap off. What the hell is it anyway?"

:lol:

I wasn't quite sure how to take that...your going to this concert... :hysterical:

Nothing wrong with a little country music.

Of course, what comes out of Nashville these days really isn't country music, you know.

What comes out of Nashville these days is crap.

Seriously, though- Slim Jim and the Mad Cows is tongue in cheek, it's theater as much as it's music. And they have the chops to pull it off.

Wish I knew how to post their version of the Immigrant Song. That'd make them some fans. Or get me flame broiled, can't decide.

Receiving a phone call from my dear Zeppy friends Aqua and Brspled whilst they are out on the town together in London!!! Wish I could be there with them!!! :)

It was lovely to talk to you, Plantonic. :wub:

And Aqua and I had a great time...I'll miss her. :(

Nothing wrong with a little country music.

Of course, what comes out of Nashville these days really isn't country music, you know.

What comes out of Nashville these days is crap.

Seriously, though- Slim Jim and the Mad Cows is tongue in cheek, it's theater as much as it's music. And they have the chops to pull it off.

Wish I knew how to post their version of the Immigrant Song. That'd make them some fans. Or get me flame broiled, can't decide.

Hard to tell if you're serious about the 'crap' part..but....

I guess you don't care much for Alison Krause and respect the fact that a bunch of Nashville Cats played on their collaborative cd. There are incredible musician's here putting out some damn fine music....whether it's country or not. One of the guitarists with Alison and Robert is Buddy Miller...he's a guitarist's guitarist....rather unsung...and his own material is EXCELLENT.

But maybe you were just kidding because surely you know alot of the old great NY and LA musician's have moved here and still put out their music...from here. Oh and Jack White lives here...but we all know the White Stripes are shit too..:lol:

f_tongueincheek.gif

Edited by Joelmon

Not necessarily a "happy" thing but sure made me laugh.

The following exchange just before my toddler son's bedtime...

My toddler: Dad can you plug in the Christmas tree lights again.

Me: Sorry, it's late. We have to turn them off.

My toddler: But I was good this year.

Me: No.

My toddler: GRRR! I AM GONNA KILL YOU!

Me: :o:blink::huh:

:D