What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I have always tried to tell myself (when i am feeling down) that there is always somebody,somewhere in a worse position than myself. And also, That we should not get too down about something. Because we are only here once. We should make the most of it. All easier said than done though.

Honestly, the generosity of some people here, truly and utterly astounds me!

I left work at around 7 and I came back home, only to find a parcel from the UK, judging by the Royal Mail stamp on it.

Now, who do I know from the UK? And then it hit me!! 

David, many many many thanks from the bottom of my heart! I truly don't deserve this!! :thanku::yourock::friends::kiss: 

IMG_1530.JPG

Earl's Court DVD.JPG

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

On 3/24/2017 at 3:59 AM, craigled said:

I have always tried to tell myself (when i am feeling down) that there is always somebody,somewhere in a worse position than myself. And also, That we should not get too down about something. Because we are only here once. We should make the most of it. All easier said than done though.

Beautiful post, Craig! Wonderfully put! :goodpost: 

11 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Honestly, the generosity of some people here, truly and utterly astounds me!

I left work at around 7 and I came back home, only to find a parcel from the UK, judging by the Royal Mail stamp on it.

Now, who do I know from the UK? And then it hit me!! 

David, many many many thanks from the bottom of my heart! I truly don't deserve this!! :thanku::yourock::friends::kiss: 

IMG_1530.JPG

Earl's Court DVD.JPG

How cool is that??? :thumbsup:

Edited by luvlz2

Just now, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Well, I'm going to be checking out Rush first and then, the Led Zeppelin DVD over a pint! :D 

I am right now, listening to Rush's show from 1974, live from the Agora Ballroom. 

Aw, that's a good one. :D

Damn, where's the happiness anymore?  It must be the orange cloud that's been hanging over everyone....

I'm extremely happy because we signed a contract to sell our house, today!!!!  The new house should be finished about the same time as the closing date for this transaction, which would be fantastic!  Looking forward to moving on....  

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Damn, where's the happiness anymore?  It must be the orange cloud that's been hanging over everyone....

I'm extremely happy because we signed a contract to sell our house, today!!!!  The new house should be finished about the same time as the closing date for this transaction, which would be fantastic!  Looking forward to moving on....  

Yay for the Walters!!!  How exciting for you!

Especially after the actual moving part is over... :) 

15 minutes ago, ebk said:

Yay for the Walters!!!  How exciting for you!

Especially after the actual moving part is over... :) 

Yep!  Can't wait for the final stage of all of this!  Thanks ebk! ??

Learned a lesson today. Was riding my bike on the sidewalk on the left side of the road (against traffic) and came to a lighted intersection to cross. There was a car on the left side of the intersection wanting to turn right. The crosswalk light was green and I started crossing and the guy on the left side went ahead to make his right turn and hit me. He  was apparently only looking on his left waiting for his opportunity to turn right, but he should have looked right to see if there was anybody in the crosswalk. So I was in the right, but it is my responsibility as well to watch what that driver is doing and be careful because it can be a dangerous scenario.

I did not get hurt though, only a small red abrasion on my left shin and above that a band aid with a little round deeper abrasion. Not too bad and not painful.

The driver did get out of his car and asked me if I was all right, and I said yes. So he took off. I was on my way to work and was only thinking about getting to work on time. Did not realize until after work that my back rim was rolling wobbly, so it's going to set me back about $50.  People were telling me I could have made money from it. I would only want the back rim of my bike replaced. But I would not stay on the ground and cry pain just for a pay out unless I was in legitimate pain.

The lesson is I should get the driver's info. And should watch the driver in the left lane better if I am going to do that scenario again. And should stay on the right side of the road (traffic) whenever possible to avoid that scenario all together.

You live and you learn.

Whoops, wrong thread...

Edited by luvlz2

Glad you're alright though! Orlando is #1 for pedestrian deaths, so I see all kinds of crazy driving.  Cars turning right are public enemy #1 for pedestrians.  People never look to see if the hand has turned to walk sign.  

Again, glad you're alright! ✌?

18 hours ago, Walter said:

Congrats, Walter! Cheers to you and your family! Here's to a brand new and exciting chapter in your lives! :friends: