What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Hiked all around Granfather Mountain with Mrs Walter and Junior.  God's country.

IMG_1125.JPG

I've been to Grandfather Mountain a couple of times. It really is an absolutely beautiful place and definitely gives you a new appreciation for nature. Hope you and your family had a good time! :)

14 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

I've been to Grandfather Mountain a couple of times. It really is an absolutely beautiful place and definitely gives you a new appreciation for nature. Hope you and your family had a good time! :)

Great time!  That picture was taken from the rocky cliff past the mile high bridge.  Breathtaking!

Edited by Walter

11 hours ago, ebk said:

Beautiful Walter!  Hope Junior enjoys his time at camp.

Thanks ebk. We are just about to head to campus to check him in.  Mrs Walter might be in the un-happy thread later...   This is going to be great for him, imo.  Freedom at 13, those are some of the best memories!  

1 hour ago, Walter said:

We closed today.  Can't believe it is all done.  Start the moving in process tomorrow beginning with sealing the groute, granite, etc.  Can't wait!  Will be living there tomorrow.

Congrats Walter!!!!! I got paid today. . .that made me happy

Some kind generous person, a total stranger has just offered me two free tickets to see Jackson Browne in concert next week, all through a couple of comment exchanges over at SHF. He can't go so offered the tickets  to me. These tickets are not cheap, I'm overwhelmed at his genorosity, he want's nothing in exchange, just did not want the tickets to go to waste.

On 6/5/2017 at 2:54 AM, Walter said:

This!  We close in 9 days....finally!

IMG_1086.JPG

I know I am extremely late with the Congratulations and I feel like an absolute jerk :bagoverhead: , but anyway, Walter, your new home looks so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing a photo with all of us! Congratulations and may you, the Mrs. and Walter Jr. have many wonderful memories! :) 

If all goes well tomorrow, the mail man should deliver my copy of Power Windows :smiley_pray:

Wish I had bought this album way sooner, instead of listening to 'advice'! <_<

People who declare Power Windows as too synth driven, are really misinformed and are missing out on something brilliant! This is definitely one of Rush's finer moments! The quality of the lyrics and the musicianship are astounding, to say the least! This easily is among my top 5 Rush albums of all time!:wub: 

And yes, Alex Lifeson IS playing on this album! Open your ears and listen!! :P 

Edited to add: I love this album more than Signals and Grace Under Pressure

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

3 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I know I am extremely late with the Congratulations and I feel like an absolute jerk :bagoverhead: , but anyway, Walter, your new home looks so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing a photo with all of us! Congratulations and may you, the Mrs. and Walter Jr. have many wonderful memories! :) 

Hey there Kiwi! :wave:  We've been moving in over the past week and a half - so happy to be here!  Thank you for the complement!  Love every inch of this place and it just keeps getting better by the day as we get new stuff, etc.  Walter Jr will be home from his "Duke TIPS" program, which is basically a college prep program for kids who qualify in middle school.  He hasn't been here since we closed on the house.  So we've been in hurry up mode to impress him on his new home.  The dog has adjusted well and so have we.  Thanks again! ?✌???

Edited by Walter

I ordered some clothing from a site I hadn't visited before. I got a good price, but the shipping was $10. I went to coupons.com and got a code for free shipping for that online retailer, and so I saved $10 just like that!

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the mighty QLD Maroons dominate NSW in the decider for the 2017 State of Origin. One of the greatest victories.

Cronk's cross field kick was incredible.

Our defence against a superior team - outstanding. 

So happy.....

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Disappearing from the world all day. Phone off. No calls. No texts. No talking or man-made noises of any kind. Totally isolated away in the wild and enjoying the sounds of silence. 

" Hello darkness my old friend..................."

Picked up a Samsung Gear VR headset for only $48 (clearance sale) and enjoying it immensely. Kids and missus love it too.

BARGAIN!!!!!

Now if only someone had invented, and used a 3d camera at RAH. Put you right there in the audience!