What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Went to my girlfriend's daughter's house today for the daughter's birthday. The granddaughter Samantha who is 6 had us sitting on the couch and she was playing the teacher by showing us books and quizzing us. The funny part was that she just couldn't stop laughing with some of the answers we were giving and she graded us mostly with an F. 😄 I told her she should lighten up on the laughing gas and this just made her laugh even more. This went on for about 1/2 an hour and it was wonderful to hear her having so much fun. She also plays little league baseball and bats right and throws left. She's got a good arm. Her brother is 3 and he was knocking a golf ball around with some pretty good swings. His Dad plays too. It was a nice St. Patty's day. 

Got 4th row tickets to Stone Temple Pilot's 8/27 concert this morning.
They cost a pretty penny but the wife is very happy. We'll have primo vantage of Dean.

my wonderful and beautiful wife of 37 years is now home after major surgery!❤️, two days after losing my youngest brother on january 27 we spent 6 hours at emergency room and  after blood work, ct scans and MRI we found out on presidents day she had kidney cancer and would need to remove both kidney and tumor which we did last friday, she's very sore but doing remarkably well, results showed no spread of cancer in other organs and lymph nodes, big tumor but stage 1 and grade 2 for how fast it spread, this , like my brothers passing came out of no where, a real kick in the nuts, our 3rd child got engaged as we went into MRI and we have a christmas wedding planned for december 28 at a beautiful banquet, when told by urologist of the cancer and our only option rather than crying or feeling sorry, my wife simply told the doctor to remove asap because we have a wedding to plan, sometimes its easy to point fingers but were feeling  very blessed

3 hours ago, custard pie man said:

my wonderful and beautiful wife of 37 years is now home after major surgery!❤️, two days after losing my youngest brother on january 27 we spent 6 hours at emergency room and  after blood work, ct scans and MRI we found out on presidents day she had kidney cancer and would need to remove both kidney and tumor which we did last friday, she's very sore but doing remarkably well, results showed no spread of cancer in other organs and lymph nodes, big tumor but stage 1 and grade 2 for how fast it spread, this , like my brothers passing came out of no where, a real kick in the nuts, our 3rd child got engaged as we went into MRI and we have a christmas wedding planned for december 28 at a beautiful banquet, when told by urologist of the cancer and our only option rather than crying or feeling sorry, my wife simply told the doctor to remove asap because we have a wedding to plan, sometimes its easy to point fingers but were feeling  very blessed

Sorry for your brother' passing, but great news indeed.  I'll remember you and your wife in my daily prayers!

On 3/20/2024 at 5:47 AM, custard pie man said:

👍😊

On 3/20/2024 at 10:47 PM, custard pie man said:

Mate, sounds like your handling it like a boss. Best to you and yours.

On 3/20/2024 at 8:47 AM, custard pie man said:

I know how you feel, I have lost many friends in the last 5 years and I lost part of my lung due to cancer. All you can do is keep your head up. Good luck and a speedy recovery for your wife!

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

both of those are crazy good

Yeah, they are really good. He's done tons more, too. Also, someone else who goes by Wax Audio did a similar mashup of Zep and Sabbath a long time ago that is both a great mashup and a killer song in its own right: