What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Although there is now a security-monitored fence around the Hollywood Sign itself(too many people using it as their own personal canvas, souvenir source, or launching pad for their suicidal dreams), the hike to Mt. Lee, where the sign is located, is still open to the public...a 3-mile round-trip hike that takes you within 100 ft. of the sign and provides views of both the greater Los Angeles basin and the San Fernando Valley.

Take Beachwood Canyon Dr. all the way north til you reach the Hollyridge trailhead. The trail starts in a southeast direction before winding its way around the mountain.

It's best to go in the morning or late afternoon on hot days...and bring water. There's also horses you can rent at Sunset Ranch to ride up to Mt. Lee or over to the Griffith Park Observatory.

Oh, and if you're tempted by a seemingly innocent looking shortcut up the mountain...DON'T! It's steeper and slippier than it appears. I felt like Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka saying "Don't...stop" after one of those wacky kids ran off to some mischief...only I didn't have any Oompa-Loompas to help me out.

Yes, bring water but for god's sake, bring plenty and put it in the inside of your backpack so that when you do get a hair up your bum to take a shortcut, it won't fall out. So Strider, what kid from the Willy Wonka movie am I?tongue.gif

And Res, how the hell did you manage to get a job as a nude model? That is hilarious, cool and kinda creepy. wink.gif

Edited by MissMelanie

Yes, bring water but for god's sake, bring plenty and put it in the inside of your backpack so that when you do get a hair up your bum to take a shortcut, it won't fall out. So Strider, what kid from the Willy Wonka movie am I?tongue.gif

And Res, how the hell did you manage to get a job as a nude model? That is hilarious, cool and kinda creepy. wink.gif

By instant karma, my drummer's girlfriend got asked by an artist who designed quite some works in the neighborhood, and they needed a male model too.

Just returned from the first audition and my conclusion is that painters/sculptors can drink a LARGE quantity of wine......oooh my head!!!

Just had a phonecall that I am invited to become a nude model for aspiring painters. Another freak job that I never had....yippee, making money in my bare ass!!

Res is too sexy for his shirt...too sexy for this forum. Hehehe.

First off, CONGRATS, SLAVE TO ZEP!

Second, what made me happy was that while I was going on and on and on about the Dust Bowl in my 9th grade class today, I realized THAT THE KIDS WERE ACTUALLY LISTENING TO ME AND THEY WERE ACTUALLY INTERESTED!

I honestly thought they wouldn't be too impressed with what I had to say about it. Remember, I'm an English teacher, not a history teacher.

Third, the wine made me happy. ;)

Vintage!

I really need to do more Zeppelin searching on eBay. Actually, I am now. That has made me happy today. :D

It can be dangerous...I can be on there for hours. I have found some great new T-Shirts (Zep, Jimmy etc.). I collect Zep books, mags etc. so thats usually where I find my stuff.

HMV I wallked in to hear the middle section of WLL FOLLOWED BY Ramble on,HB,IS and SIBLY I left then so I don't know if zepplni continued

So they were playing disc 1 of the "Mothership" compilation. Which has been certified Triple-platinum in New Zealand...hooray New Zealand!

Triple Platinum? Wow! For New Zealand's size, they must have a high percentage of Led Zeppelin fans! Their nursing home applications must have questions like, "How big of a stereo do you need in your room for your Led Zeppelin catalogue?"

What made me happy today is that Maine is 80 degrees with colorful foliage at the same time. It's a weird combo and I like it. See me in three months and I won't like any of it!

So they were playing disc 1 of the "Mothership" compilation. Which has been certified Triple-platinum in New Zealand...hooray New Zealand!

Triple Platinum????!!! :banana: YEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool!!! :D I honestly did not know that! Go NZ Go! :cheer: This fact certainly made me happy today! Thanks Strider!! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87