Artwork from Zep IV

kmilesmero

I've asked this on another thread but I am new here so I'll try this in a new post; what is the picture next to the Stairway lyrics on IV? I've now read 100 breakdowns of the artwork for this album, and somehow even the most detailed answers skirt right past this! It is of course the drawing of a man, reading a book, near headstones marked "London". The book and the grave markers all have the same cool rune. I've probably drawn that rune on my pee chee more times than ZoSo and The Feather combined, but...what is it? Like all trivia, those in the know realize it's trivial, common knowledge. But trust me, trying to research this.from a cold start is frustrating!

Exactly! Seems so strange this isn't mentioned anywhere! I was disappointed to see this forum doesnt notify me when I get responses, though it may be a mobile site problem. Yeah, day two, still no new info on my part! Thanks for posting the pic, I'll see if I can display the version I found...

Sir if you like writting books, maybe try the angle of daily minutia in our hero's lives. Tired of bio's with the same rehashed catch words ("oh look a Page bio, let's count the references to ( insert predictible occult icon's here)". How about what it was like to go from humble to hunted star? To go from worrying about finally paying Uncle Liam back the £300 you owe to wealth in your early twenties. First mansion, first plane, the day the girl that dumped you in school met you backstage--the transition from being one of us to, well, what they became. Maybe even a little about the road back down to earth. That's what I know I want to read, what it's like. It is what I would discuss if I had a day with my hero. I'm sure it would sell. And I'm sure the EuroSnobs would call that typical American invasion, but it can be done tactfully. Just sayin'.

Archived