Rolling Stone Review of 02 DVD

So - Rolling Stone gives the 02 DVD 4.5 stars ('near classic'). Oy.

I found it hilarious that RS, as usual, couldn't resist getting its digs in, even in a 4.5 star review. For example, the review says something like: Plant was singing so well that "even the Mordor travelogue lyrics of Ramble On sound meaningful" (sorry, paraphrasing here - I don't have it in front of me).

Huh, sometimes it feels like they are STILL covering their ass. Like, "we told you in the '70's that the lyrics sucked, but now they've finally found ways to compensate for it."

I take Rolling Stone with a grain of salt, especially after they put Whole Lotta Love higher than both Stairway to Heaven AND Kashmir on 40 Greatest Led Zeppelin Songs (A list which, by the way, didn't even have Achilles Last Stand). Not to mention Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones in the number two spot in 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. Satisfaction is a good song, but it is in no way is the second greatest song of all time.

Yan or Jan or Yjan or whatever the hell the name is of the guy who runs Rolling Stone Magazine is busy sucking Yoko Ono's dick calling her music perfect. Rolling Stone Magazine has always been a magazine for the people of the North East and they have always looked down upon anything that doesn't fit into the Boston/New York elites tastes.

Yan or Jan or Yjan or whatever the hell the name is of the guy who runs Rolling Stone Magazine is busy sucking Yoko Ono's dick calling her music perfect. Rolling Stone Magazine has always been a magazine for the people of the North East and they have always looked down upon anything that doesn't fit into the Boston/New York elites tastes.

Really? Even though they started in San Francisco, and to this day are big boosters of SF scene bands like the Dead? I live in Massachusetts, and I don't quite follow you. I'd stay and chat more, but I have to finish my gluten-free muffin and latte, and then hop in my Prius to go for a drive in the New England countryside.

I checked RS online and found no review. Hmmm....

With that said, RS is just a rag anyway. Excellent for cleaning one's bum.

I couldn't agree more.

Anytime they do something on Zeppelin, I try not to take it too seriously if I do happen to read or see it. I really just want to ignore anything they do on the band, because they are usually dead wrong. Also, their political agenda blinds them from being able to actually review music and bands with integrity.

If Zeppelin sang a song for Obama, they'd get the 'Rolling Stone Jerk Job' that's for sure.

I couldn't agree more. Anytime they do something on Zeppelin, I try not to take it too seriously if I do happen to read or see it. I really just want to ignore anything they do on the band, because they are usually dead wrong. Also, their political agenda blinds them from being able to actually review music and bands with integrity. If Zeppelin sang a song for Obama, they'd get the 'Rolling Stone Jerk Job' that's for sure.

Man ain't that the truth. I used to get RS until they became mostly a rag for their far left agendas. And more to the point, they are usually dead wrong about everything. :lol:

I picked up my dogs shit this afternoon with an old rolling stone magazine I found laying around my music room. Any sort of guitar based rock is made fun of by those jackasses who work at Rolling Stone. Everything must be political otherwise it can't be fun music...Like I said, Yan is busy sucking Yoko Ono's dick, and encouraging Bono to lecture the masses.

Archived