New LZ Sheet Music Books

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Led Zeppelin, in Association with Alfred Music Publishing, Releases New Sheet Music Folio

From the official music publisher of thousands of popular artists, songwriters, and composers, new music collections from Led Zeppelin – the blues-inspired rock band that significantly impacted rock music forever – are now available for guitar and piano. These include a guitar TAB book for the band’s 2007 reunion concert film Celebration Day, Platinum Album Editions in authentic guitar TAB for Physical Graffiti and Presence, and a piano sheet music anthology.

LedZeppelinBooks1.jpg

For guitarists, Led Zeppelin: Celebration Dayfeatures transcriptions in standard notation and TAB for every song performed on the band’s one-time reunion concert film, including “Dazed and Confused,” “Misty Mountain Hop,” “Since I’ve Been Loving You,” “Kashmir,” and more. To help capture the historic event, several pages of full-color photographs are also included. Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day is also available as CD & DVD sets. Drawn from more than 30 years of documentation, interviews, and recorded footage, the Led Zeppelin: Physical Graffiti and Presence Platinum Guitar editions feature transcriptions with unprecedented accuracy.

As unique collectibles for Zeppelin fans that play guitar, the books include vintage photographs and a historical foreword by Guitar World magazine’s Editor-in-Chief, Brad Tolinski. Each book also includes a helpful Guitar TAB Glossary, along with detailed instruction on note bending, articulations, and the tremolo bar to help recreate the characteristics of each song.

For pianists, the Led Zeppelin: Piano Sheet Music Anthology contains 20 arrangements from seven of the band’s albums, including the Grammy® Hall of Fame award-winners Led Zeppelin I and Led Zeppelin IV. Among the arrangements are a variety of songs that are particularly well-suited to be played on keyboard instruments, such as “All My Love,” “No Quarter,” “Stairway to Heaven,” “Your Time Is Gonna Come,” and much more.

As part of Alfred’s ongoing commitment to improving the environment, these books are printed on recycled paper.

The new Led Zeppelin sheet music folios are now available for $22.99-$24.99 at music retail stores and at alfred.com.

ABOUT ALFRED MUSIC PUBLISHING
Alfred Music Publishing is the world’s largest educational music publisher. Alfred produces educational, reference, pop, and performance materials for teachers, students, professionals, and hobbyists spanning every musical instrument, style, and difficulty level. Alfred’s home office is located in Los Angeles, with domestic offices in Miami and New York as well as offices around the world including Australia, Germany, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.

Since 1922, Alfred Music Publishing has been dedicated to helping people learn, teach, and play music. Alfred currently has over 90,000 active titles. Alfred represents a wide range of well-known publications—from methods like Alfred’s Basic Guitar, Alfred’s Basic Piano Library, Premier Piano Course, Sound Innovations, and Suzuki, to artists like Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Sheryl Crow, Eagles, Cole Porter, and George and Ira Gershwin, to brands like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Rolling Stone Magazine, and Billboard.

http://guitarinterna...et-music-folio/

The tabs in the Celebration Day book, are they transcribed from the gig or just the tabs of the regular studio versions?

I certainly hope they're the live versions, although I wouldn't be surprised if they're just the studio versions. There are a couple of sample pages here: http://www.alfred.com/samplepages/00-40623.pdf , but you can't really tell anything from them. I would like to know that little flourish at the end of the Kashmir main riff. Oh, and I just noticed, the songs are in standard tuning instead of two tones down like in Celebration Day. That could mean they're not the live versions.

Archived