english Premier league forescat

weslgarlic

On 1/16/2016 at 4:03 PM, Strider said:

Don't the Glazers own ManU? Instead of firing Lovie Smith from Tampa Bay maybe they ought to pay closer attention to what's happening at Old Trafford.

Yep they sure do but only as a cash cow to pay off their huge debts. The takeover of Man U created a lot of ill feeling here. So much so that a breakaway group left and formed the excellently named FC United of Manchester. They do pretty well in the lower league of England and are well supported.

A good result for us against the unmentionables, but we were dull for 85 minutes and only had one shot on target. Lucky for us it went in ! I will be doing my annual trip to Old Trafford this Saturday against Southampton. My old mate takes me on a corporate day out. Food and wine a plenty (although it's a 3 o'clock kick off so I won't drink). I will be taking a book as to not nod off

45 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Yep they sure do but only as a cash cow to pay off their huge debts. The takeover of Man U created a lot of ill feeling here. So much so that a breakaway group left and formed the excellently named FC United of Manchester. They do pretty well in the lower league of England and are well supported.

A good result for us against the unmentionables, but we were dull for 85 minutes and only had one shot on target. Lucky for us it went in ! I will be doing my annual trip to Old Trafford this Saturday against Southampton. My old mate takes me on a corporate day out. Food and wine a plenty (although it's a 3 o'clock kick off so I won't drink). I will be taking a book as to not nod off

Hell of a boring game though CP, neither team played to their full potential, nice goal from the ''Fat Man"  though. Liverpool need  a radical shake up, they need to get rid of that "Committee" system that has bought all those shite players, I mean Benteke for fuck sake, he's  a fooking goal hawk donkey, a piss poor buy just like the last donkey they bought on a panic buy (Andy Carroll) get rid. Klopp needs more control of who comes and who goes, he is after all supposed to be the manager.

I  cannot believe Leicester allowed Aston to tie them.  Unreal.  Cost me $150 that I would have won should I put it.  I wonder who Robert Plant's favorite team is?  I mean, he probably likes Kidderminster but they are not in a top division, so I wonder who he cheers for among the elite teams?  And Mick Jagger too as  he is a fan?  Maybe someone here knows?  I know Robert used to play.  

Its good to see the Premier league pick up some steam here in America.   Its on National TV here for the first time I can remember.  And more people are at least betting on it.  LOL.  I am on board with Leicester City.  I am a fan.  Have not a clue where it is.  It really seems like London might get an NFL team someday?  They have played all the american sports over there on a regular basis except for baseball.  

^^ Robert Plant is a Wolverhampton Wanders supporter.

Leicester is located in the East Midlands part of England - not that far from "The Midlands" which is where Wolves is. If you take a small road from London, maybe for 100 miles, you will arrive in The Midlands. Not many ( overseas) people know where it is as it's not London

May I suggest that you Google "England" and have a look at the map. 

Mick Jagger is more a cricket fan than football I believe. 

C'mon Rick. Surely you've heard Robert tout his Wolves of Wolverhampton by now? Robert has made such a second career of espousing his love for Wolverhampton that even the most soccer-ignorant American Zeppelin fan should know Robert's favourite team by heart.

10 hours ago, Strider said:

C'mon Rick. Surely you've heard Robert tout his Wolves of Wolverhampton by now? Robert has made such a second career of espousing his love for Wolverhampton that even the most soccer-ignorant American Zeppelin fan should know Robert's favourite team by heart.

It's not in the US man, so naturally he wouldn't know. I mean he hasn't even got a passport !!

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Well I have never heard of this team so I am sure they are not in the top division of English soccer.  Like MU, Chelsea, Leicester, etc.  So here is to Leicester beating up Tottenham tomorrow. Maybe easier said than done.  They tied then and then I believe they beat them 2-1 but I may be wrong on that?  Leicester usually depends on Vardy to get a beauty and then hold on for dear life.  Their defense on corners is not the best.  And that is what really drives me nuts when they are up lets say 1-0.  I put a small wager on them tomorrow.  They have rarely let me down.  Vardy is really impressive

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
2 hours ago, craigled said:

I am a Evertonian. Tattooed down my arm. For any Kopites on here i promise to be respectful. Because at least by being on here, You have a good taste in music.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2016 at 2:36 AM, Strider said:

Thread bump. There are too many Americans, Aussies, Kiwis, Canucks, Irish, Welsh, and Brits on here to just put up a generic 'football' thread without causing confusion and chaos.

FYI: Liverpool is my poison.

Fuckin hell Strider. I knew there was something about you I liked!!! I'm from Liverpool, grew up five minute walk away from the stadium. Live in Oz now. I'll PM you when I get a sec 

Archived