Celebration Day DVD #2 (rehersal)..

To just simply answer your question: THere is only rehersal, which is cca just the whole concert once again... lenght is again 2 hours. There are also two TV shots from BBC news or what... 6 minutes long or so. Last thing there is is the introduction that was screened on stage right before Good times bad times in full format.

No backstage footage.

Anyway, the rehersal on its own is plain awesome. Its more Zeppelin then the actual concert imo. They are going a little more spontanious on this rehersal, obviously, cos on the actual concert, they didnt want to screw up, so they tried to keep in the rehearsed lines. In Sheperton rehersals, they tried some different aproaches from time to time and ofc, they screwed some up, so, for me, its more live and more Zeppelin feeling. Worth watching for sure!!!

the rehearsal is a real revelation and real gift from the band, their way of sweetening this deal and essentially giving us two complete "shows" from this era of the band. Sure, there's miscues here and there and robert comes in late for the end of stairway, but as a whole it's a cool perspective getting it from a single camera view, but you do have the whole backdrop and the footage on there in the background as well. Apparently, this was the one and only time that they ran through the entire set with Robert from start to finish whereas all the other rehearsals they'd just approach specific songs and that kind of thing.

Very grainy film, but the point is to show a total backstage view and it's cool to see slightly different takes especially on the solos from the guys. There's no documentary because there really wasn't a "plan" to release the shows, which is regrettable, but again, who am I to complain about two live shows from a band who hasn't played in 30 years for $25?

• 7 months later...

I been listenin to this lately,page uses of his noise effects here and there are cool to hear. Kashmir he sneaks some in between the riff, also really like his use of the scratchy audio effect on black dog, fool in the rain like effect. Also like plants different vocal throughout. Jasons bass drum gets lost on alot of it. Strange recording, because like in,tsrts towards end suddenly pages riff and drum cymbal goes high. Keys on misty mountain seem high as well...interesting stuff to pick out, as others said, gives it a bootleg quality. Its cool to see the projection screen, lighting, graphics an even change of lighting rig...as if seating at a show.

yeah i've never seen this dvd nor ddo i own it. So, i have to wait for someone to put it on Youtube without getting copyright infringement!!

Well, you could make it easier for yourself and just buy it!

Well, you could make it easier for yourself and just buy it!

He's from the "gimmee music for free" generation. Out of repect for the charity it supports alone, that doesn't fly with me personally. I enjoy the DVD very much, love that version of "Since I've Been Loving You"!

Unfortunately, when the DVD first came out the deluxe version was probably sold out at Best Buy, so that's why I downloaded the rehearsal instead of buying the deluxe version at another time.

I love at the end where Robert's like "house lights on, please." and then a second later he says "oh wait, they are on."

The rehearsal DVD is definitely worth having,I made sure I bought it with my package when it arrived in stores.

One thing though,I purchased another pack recently for a friend and when I asked for the rehearsal package I was told by the folks at JB Hi-Fi that they didn't sell that particular set anymore.

Has anyone else tried to buy the rehearsal set recently and had the same experience?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Reheasal dvd Watched it a few times and really enjoyed it

Don't know if anyone else has seen the Led zeppelin it'll be alright on the night moment??

Watch plant on rock and roll about 2 mins into the song walks backwards and falls on his arse!

Never noticed that before, very hilarious indeed.

(happens at 2.58)

For the rehearsal footage of SIBLY alone it is worth purchasing the deluxe DVD. You see everyone in the building perk up especially for Jimmy's solo which is crazy cool, and just unbelievably good!

I get goosebumps every time I watch it!

Robert asks afterward if it was caught on film, and when someone replies "yes!" , he says something like "good, we haven't played it that well since 1910!"

For the rehearsal footage of SIBLY alone it is worth purchasing the deluxe DVD. You see everyone in the building perk up especially for Jimmy's solo which is crazy cool, and just unbelievably good!

I get goosebumps every time I watch it!

Robert asks afterward if it was caught on film, and when someone replies "yes!" , he says something like "good, we haven't played it that well since 1910!"

Yes, that was a great rendition. I was watching that song come to a close, and was thinking that they really nailed it much better than they had on previous occasions, and then Robert made that comment. He was absolutely right.

• 3 weeks later...

the rehearsal is a real revelation and real gift from the band, their way of sweetening this deal and essentially giving us two complete "shows" from this era of the band. Sure, there's miscues here and there and robert comes in late for the end of stairway, but as a whole it's a cool perspective getting it from a single camera view, but you do have the whole backdrop and the footage on there in the background as well. Apparently, this was the one and only time that they ran through the entire set with Robert from start to finish whereas all the other rehearsals they'd just approach specific songs and that kind of thing.

Very grainy film, but the point is to show a total backstage view and it's cool to see slightly different takes especially on the solos from the guys. There's no documentary because there really wasn't a "plan" to release the shows, which is regrettable, but again, who am I to complain about two live shows from a band who hasn't played in 30 years for $25?

This guy gets it! The rehearsal was amazing, and it is a bonus for the hardcore types such as us - Jimmy gets it I believe which is why he included it, it was a special moment because it was so loose feeling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Plant sings better during the rehearsal than during the main event.

I think Robert Plant did an excellent job singing for the Celebration Day concert.

I saw him during the Page and Plant tour and he didn't sing nowhere as good, he was struggling to sing.

I think Robert Plant did an excellent job singing for the Celebration Day concert.

I saw him during the Page and Plant tour and he didn't sing nowhere as good, he was struggling to sing.

I agree OID. He did sound great, and some of that came from exercising restraint. Also,Robert has had problems with vocal nodes in the past, which he has had to have surgery for, and this has caused intermittent issues with his voice.

• 1 year later...

I agree OID. He did sound great, and some of that came from exercising restraint. Also,Robert has had problems with vocal nodes in the past, which he has had to have surgery for, and this has caused intermittent issues with his voice.

He can knock it outta the park best when he doesn't blow it out in rehearsals.

Archived