Jimmy played Celebration Day in Celebration Day

It's amazing, every time I listen to the audio recording, I discover something I've missed multiple times before. At the end of Rock and Roll, Jimmy plays the opening chords to "Celebration Day" to finish off the song. And of course, in "The Song Remains The Same" movie, the band ended Rock and Roll by playing the opening chords to Celebration Day and launching into the song. It's not very pronounced, but if you listen carefully, you will hear it (if you haven't already).

It's amazing, every time I listen to the audio recording, I discover something I've missed multiple times before. At the end of Rock and Roll, Jimmy plays the opening chords to "Celebration Day" to finish off the song. And of course, in "The Song Remains The Same" movie, the band ended Rock and Roll by playing the opening chords to Celebration Day and launching into the song. It's not very pronounced, but if you listen carefully, you will hear it (if you haven't already).

Yeah, I noticed that too. Playing the first chords of Celebration Day as an ending to Rock and Roll was customary of the 1973 tour. I wish they would have played the whole song though. It would have given them more of a reason to name the DVD Celebration Day.

Archived