Barney Hoskyns book

badgeholder

I don't post that much on this forum, mainly because there is no need to because everyone is very well-informed when it comes to all things Zeppelin and there is not much I could add, except personal opinions which I'm not sure anyone would be that bothered about. But I do love to come and read all the forums and posts.

This is without doubt the definitive book on Zeppelin so far. It's superior to the others I've read, and I've read them all. Hoskyns just lets the people speak, good or bad, and there is very little opinion from the writer himself. I have read this book countless times. It really is very interesting and covers the entire Zeppelin era thoroughly, and doesn't sugarcoat or skate over anything. It's all there. I highly recommend it.

I am very hungry to read or learn anything about Zeppelin as they are my utter obsession. I'd love to read an autobiography from Page, Plant or Jones, but I'm not sure that will ever happen. Talk from Page about a posthumous book is just that in my opinion, although I hope it does happen.

On another note, I have contacted Lori Mattix today just to ask her if she has ever considered writing a book about her life as I'm sure it would be both a highly controversial but ultimately very interesting read. 

Archived