Favorite Led Zeppelin member?

Amstel

Favorite Led Zeppelin members?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Led Zeppelin member?

I like the band. Picking a favorite member seems like the opposite of the point, especially for a band that decided it would rather disband than replace even a single member.

It's just a question for discussion.

I happen to like all four members the same, just today it's Bonham or Jones.

As you can see, I also added Peter Grant, because he truly is the 5th member of Led Zeppelin.

I love em all, but as a guitar player myself, Jimmy Page was pretty much the main reason I started playing so many years ago. I can't imagine my life without his affect on me and all the friends, joy and fun that music in general brought me too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

They're all brilliant at what they do but Jimmy is special - the creator of Zep, the man with the vision & the talent to realize it. He seems a fascinating mix of determination, passion and vunerability. And when he smiles, he still looks like a little boy. Does it for me!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

With all due respect to the other members, especially Robert Plant, Jimmy Page was Led Zeppelin. It was his baby. Jimmy was already a known guy who recruited his old session player buddy John Paul Jones and then pulled Plant and John Bonham out of obscurity. They all contributed greatly to the band. Plant with his vocals and lyrics, Bonham with his thunderous drum attack and Jones with his bass, keyboard and multi-instrumentalist skills, but Page was the heart and soul of the band. When Page took a backseat in the band due to his drug addiction and other issues, the music really suffered for it (while ITTOD wasn't a horrible album by any means, it was my least favorite LZ album). And then Bonham died and it was all over.

Archived