Robert punches Bonzo in the face

BC Drone

According to Wikipedia Page about the 1971 tour of Japan (http://en.wikipedia....anese_Tour_1971) it says that...

- "Robert allegedly punched drummer John Bonham before one of the shows"

- "One bloody amazing one happened in Japan when Robert came off stage with a split lip. It was over some dispute over some money from some tour. He still owed Bonzo some petrol money for 70 quid or something, but that's how it was!"

Anyone know if these events really happened, and if so do you know more about it?

I've read this before, it wouldn't suprise me. One story I read was where Peter Grant punched Robert and I think Bonzo (not sure though) in the face for being too rowdy and drunk. Peter Grant was drunk too. I'm sure this sort of craziness happened all of the time with them!

^^ Hell no, they were all too afraid Jimmy would put the root on them, the old evil eye and then Robert and Bonzo's knobs would fall off. You don't mess with the master magus!

They were afraid they would brake him apart...

I would love to know more of this story. Isn't it true that they fought a lot on that tour? Verbal and otherwise?

I did read it here somewhere on this site, some months ago. Maybe Steve A. Jones knows the exact date and circumstances of the incident.

If anyone, in any band, punched me, that would be a red line. Band over.

Guess that eliminates you for consideration for Oasis. ;)

As far as punching goes, this is one of the few categories where I rank the Who above Led Zeppelin. The Who's history is littered with brawls.

Guess that eliminates you for consideration for Oasis. ;)

As far as punching goes, this is one of the few categories where I rank the Who above Led Zeppelin. The Who's history is littered with brawls.

I think the Skynyrd boys had the occasional dust-up.....maybe just Ronnie

I think this is from the Led Zeppelin biography by Ritchie Yorke .. I know I read it somewhere.

Peter Grant punched all of them out in Japan.. except Jimmy... The band threw a bowl of stale sake into his train compartment thinking it was Jimmy's bunk.. He came roaring out and went after all of them.

Bonzo punched Robert in the mouth because Robert owed gas money from years before.

I never heard of Robert punching Bonzo though.

Archived