YOUR FAVORITE MOMENT OF CONCERT?

It has to be they kicked into Rock & Roll for the second encore. I was already in a frenzy, but this was the ultimate.................I had waited so, so long for that moment.

Tears in my eyes just writing this post!!!

:D

olright hugh mate how u doin what a fucking gig was marvelous. lifes just no same after that man just so much more to life than led zeppelin........NOT!

good morning lol, LED ZEPPELIN STILL FUCKING RULE JIMMY "FUCKING"PAGE IS GOD . however my FAVOURITE moment was the moment i heard jimmy page absaloutly rip good times bad times solo to hell it was amazing as ive never heard this bein played live. then rock and roll for the shear AIR GUITAR Heaven we where havin up the back ROCK ON People Let The Zeppelin Rock The Nation Once Again

There was a moment when all three were just standing close together in front of Jasons kit facing him and just smiling and grooving .............. to me thats when they became Led Zepplin again !!!

Wish I could remember the darn song but it was lost in the moment for me.

RjK

Yes he was incredible !! The riff to For your life just tore thru and knocked me for six !!

For Your Life is one of my very favorite Zeppelin songs, and it was knock-me-out fabulous live. I just couldn't believe they were playing that song! The floors just shook with intensity - Jimmy tore the place down all night but during this song I could just feel the guitar down to my fingertips. Just impossible to describe!

My Favorite moments were Kashmir ( I never thought anything could sound so powerful .. the floor shook to the riffs and the vocals were out of this world) ... IMTOD, A very believable song and just perfect in tone ... Finally, when Robert kicked the mike stand vertical and I realized this was going to be a band going for it in every sense of the world .... Critics eat your hearts out

The whole thing blew me away

Couldn't say it better!

1. Ramble on when the sound had been tweaked from what was fairly grey and ordinary in GTBT I realised that the 11,000 mile journey + $$$ was going to be a small price to pay for the 'holy grail' rock show I'd waited 30+ years for...

...then it just got better.

2. A quirky one. In STH, following the line

"And the forests will echo with laughter"

Robert clearly wasn't going to go the cliche with the spoken line from TSRTS but goaded the crowd with open palms which instantly responded with a clearly audible chorus of "does anybody remember laughter" from up front.

3. Next day when the Evening Standard came out I saw a headline board outside the Waterloo tube "LED ZEP STORMS LONDON", but the adjacent board was a screamer "TV STAR BITES HOMELESS MAN"!

3. Next day when the Evening Standard came out I saw a headline board outside the Waterloo tube "LED ZEP STORMS LONDON", but the adjacent board was a screamer "TV STAR BITES HOMELESS MAN"!

the fade from the Tampa Bay TV coverage into the GTBT intro; IMTOD; Kashmir... so good.

and thanks for reminding me of the newspaper headline - yes, I was thrilled with the "LED ZEP STORMS LONDON" - very cool. (and i also saw the TV Star bites... headline - the tabloid press, eh?!)

The sheer anticipation once the intro video/projection started - knew they were coming and the excitement of it nearly knocked the air out of me !

Since I've Been Loving You - Actually saw some guys air-guitaring it !

Jimmy whipping out the bow- I nearly keeled over - like a wizard with a magic wand..

*sigh*

I think it was the point where the symbols from Presence emerged on the screen like pillars from Stonehenge while the band was finishing Kashmir.

Oh I missed that bit. I was too busy watching this huge golden light that would "sweep" from the back of the arena up to the band. It seemed to me that the big light was tracing/illustrating the waves of energy and emotion that were being sent from the audience to the band and back again. Anyway, I'll let Robert discuss the huge waves of "cosmic energy" that get bashed about at a Led Zep concert :)

For me it was when the band first came on stage and started that has been a long awaited moment for me and to see that finally created an ease in my soul that will never be replaced unless Jimi hendrix comes back from the dead and throws something huge... untill then the best moment for me by far!

But i agree the cosmic energy was to great and emotions ran very high at all times.

for me it was the entire TSRTS performance. best part of the show. Perfect placement, great intensity, and Jason's fills were as good as it gets. I went NUTS --- I mean, I was behaving like a wild schizophrenic escaped mental patient.

Oh I missed that bit. I was too busy watching this huge golden light that would "sweep" from the back of the arena up to the band. It seemed to me that the big light was tracing/illustrating the waves of energy and emotion that were being sent from the audience to the band and back again. Anyway, I'll let Robert discuss the huge waves of "cosmic energy" that get bashed about at a Led Zep concert :)

This in reply to your comments to Mos,,,,,it sounds like that arena was filled with magic,,,,un-reproduceable (not a real word but the only one I can think of) .. of course unless they did tour....but cosmic energy, the floor shaking, all the comments about Kashmir, STH, and other songs the interactions of the band, how it was from the first note to the end bow etc etc etc all i can say is:

if there were such an honor to be given: this is the rock event of 2007

t/y for all the comments it about as close to being there without being able to go! If you have any more images, memories that pop up please share...not sure if there has been feedback yet from the people tht were attending from LA? (getting all the t-shirts).

good morning lol, LED ZEPPELIN STILL FUCKING RULE JIMMY "FUCKING"PAGE IS GOD . however my FAVOURITE moment was the moment i heard jimmy page absaloutly rip good times bad times solo to hell it was amazing as ive never heard this bein played live. then rock and roll for the shear AIR GUITAR Heaven we where havin up the back ROCK ON People Let The Zeppelin Rock The Nation Once Again

oooh yeah ooh yeah (rp).... web_zep....AND FOR THE STINKING CRITICS WHY IN HECK DID THEY THINK THAT JIMMY STILL COULDN'T PLAY THE GUITAR ...JEEZE HE ISN'T 80,,,,AND DID EVEN WITH A STILL HEALING BROKEN FINGER AND THAT

ROBERT COULDN'T SING (?????....HE just put a cd out don't they listen maybe not the same genre but you can tell he still has his "pipes").......and doubting Jason how dumb can that be when JPJ, JP & RP are pros and wouldn't put anyone on John's spot unless they KNEW HE COULD do it....I'm just glad to see all the great press about it and they are stuffing their faces with humble pie.

what a night!!!!! A week later tonight it's hard to believe!

1. The intro film running, the cheering and screaming getting louder and me sitting in the dark thinking "God, I'm at a Led Zeppelin show !!!!!" Then the drums and lights kick off GTBT.........

2. TU; stomping, funky, relentless.

3. IMTOD; creepy, nasty, dangerous slide guitar.

4. Getting covered in beer as the happy drunk next to me played drums on the STH solo with a full pint in one hand. And not caring at all.....

4. Getting covered in beer as the happy drunk next to me played drums on the STH solo with a full pint in one hand. And not caring at all.....

I got a couple of unwanted beer showers too.

On the clip they were showing about Ahmet featuring various artists, there was some footage of Jimmy playing White Summer/Black Mountainside and this young guy next to me starts crying - and before the blokes are even on stage! My girlfriend handed him some tissues for the show (I cant resist the urge to quote one of my favorites - It takes a big man to cry, and an even bigger man to laugh at that man. :P:P ).

But it was a very special nite - my hair still stands on end.

In My Time of Dying, Nobodys Fault But Mine, Trampled Under Foot. And Kashmir, that's not my favorite song by a long stretch but they nailed that thing to a wall. It was other worldly, like they never stopped playing.

The note Robert hit about two minutes into Kashmir was remarkable. I only heard it off a bootleg on youtube, which probably had poor sound quality; i couldn't imagine how it sounded when you guys were there. Its a good thing the life a rock star only got to his face and not his voice, but his hair is still rockin like it was

the fade from the Tampa Bay TV coverage into the GTBT intro; IMTOD; Kashmir... so good.

and thanks for reminding me of the newspaper headline - yes, I was thrilled with the "LED ZEP STORMS LONDON" - very cool. (and i also saw the TV Star bites... headline - the tabloid press, eh?!)

I liked the USA Today headline: For Zep, the Song Remains the Same

One of my favorite parts as well, I was fairly close and was mortified when Jimmy started playing the solo without the bow! What a tease. He then walked back to get it and all was right with the world. B)

I'm not sure if i've just missed it...but i haven't found a pic of him with the bow at this concert...anyone have one? Sheer magic to see that!

and like everytime he bounced it off (if he did that this time)...and he'd point it and say and "here's to you, and here's to you" (in a good way to the fans and back at ya to the naysyers! etc....awwwwwwww man I'd love to see that.

Plant during Kashmir..

especially his live "improv" of "lemme sock it to you" or whatever he says leading back into the main riff after the interlude before the first bridge.

awwwwwwwww those improvs..........they are sooooooooo cool

he's a master of improv :thumbsup:

:cheer::cheer::cheer::drunk:

Sitting here in the States in front of a computer, I have to say one memorable thing about this show is that how those that were there unselfishly posted from blackberries the set list as it happened and their initial impressions. I spent hours on several boards that night and those people didn't have to do that, they were taking part in what for some may be one of the most memorable times of their lives and they took the time to share it with others... that's something!!! Thank you also to those that immediately upon return to their hotels logged right on and posted their clips to Youtube and other sites.. Thank you for that, and for the reviews that came in so quickly by those that were there.

As for the performance, I think it was during Ramble On that Robert kicks the microphone stand; the entire vocal performance of Kashmir; the first few moments of Song Remains the Same; the emotion and excitement of the crowd, even visible on the youtube clips; seeing Jimmy doing that stomping thing that he does; the smiles on their faces; Robert's hand motions; the love on their faces for Jason; Jason for pulling it off like he did; Jonesy playing the ever stoic, rock solid cement foundation..... I could go on forever...

awwwwwwwww those improvs..........they are sooooooooo cool

he's a master of improv :thumbsup:

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

OOOOH YEAH! OOOOH YEAH!

I knew it, I knew it - The closing song is Kashmir. Am I clairvoyant or what!

They sang Since I've been Loving you. Luv it, Luv it, Luv it.

That's good enough for me. (I miss Robert's high G's though)

I always knew that I am clairvoyant. Hmmmmmmmmmm

:cheer::cheer::cheer::drunk:

Well I'm just going by the audio but I started off thinking 'In My Time of Dying' was the shit but eventually came round to 'Kashmir'. Absolutely understood why, after playing that during the secret rehearsal, they asked Jason for time out, went off and came back saying 'We're doing it'.

Now thats a cool story/moment, I bet Jason will remember that one for a long time as Kashmir is perhaps Led Zepplins most important song (at least it is for me).

RjK

P.S. It was pure fuckin MAGIK B)

Archived