Oakland, CA -Alameda County Coliseum-July 23, 1977

DavidZoso

This was the next to last ever show played by the original band in the United States. It was played at the Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California as a two day event. It was put on by Bill Graham as his 'Day on the Green' yearly shows. It was the first time in a very long time that Led Zeppelin actually had opening acts: Derringer and Judas Priest. Robert Plant and John Bonham knew the members if Judas Priest personally as they were also from Birmingham, England.

Derringer was a band that Rick Derringer had and it included drummer Vinny Appice who would go on to play with Black Sabbath.

This is very good show and one that is unique in that the music really had to speak for itself as it was played outdoors during the day with hardly any lights, no dry ice and no lasers.

The stage was dressed up to look like Stonehenge with a big sun positioned behind Bonzo's drums.

This was the last time that Jimmy Page would wear his famous Black Dragon suit on stage.

It was also the show where Robert Plant wore the famous 'Nurses do it Better' t-shirt.

There was no drum solo played at this show but they did have the rare for this tour -'Black Dog' played as a second encore.

There are some really cool pics for this show and the next day's show. I also have several I didn't use intially for this that I will add soon. Enjoy.

Video footage:

Setlist:

The Song Remains The Same

Sick Again

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Over the Hills and Far Away

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

Ten Years Gone

The Battle of Evermore

Going to California

Black Country Woman

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Trampled Underfoot

White Summer ~ Black Mountainside

Kashmir

Guitar solo

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway to Heaven

Encores:

Whole Lotta Love ~ Rock and Roll

Black Dog

ledzeppelin7232419772536.jpg

Peter Grant, Bill Graham, Jimmy Page and John Bonham walking to the stage to start the show.

19770723jpjboaklandcoli.jpg

Jimmy Page and John Bonham walking to the stage to start the show.

19770723jpjboaklandcoli.jpg

Guitar Army

tumblrm76a11l0sm1qjqbl6.jpg

The Song Remains the Same

oakland_7-23-77_rb1.jpg

45816834.png

723771.jpg

19770723jpoaklandcolise.jpg

19770723rpjpoaklandcoli.jpg

oak2.png

Stairway to Heaven

85517116.jpg

Stairway to Heaven

123428259.jpg

85516963.jpg

Coming back for encores. (could be for Whole Lotta Love-Rock and Roll or for Black Dog)

19770723rpjpwithjohnbin.jpg

Coming back for encores.(could be for Whole Lotta Love-Rock and Roll or for Black Dog)

19770723jpjjprpoaklandc.jpg

Coming back for encores.(could be for Whole Lotta Love-Rock and Roll or for Black Dog)

19770723lzoaklandcolise.jpg

1685h.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived