Paul McKurtney =Beatle replacing Kurt Cobain in Nirvana

weslgarlic

Paul McKurtney

Beatle replacing Kurt Cobain in Nirvana

SIR Paul McCartney will front a Nirvana reunion tonight — replacing late singer Kurt Cobain.

The sensational gig will see the surviving members of the grunge band together for the first time in 20 years.

And former Beatle Sir Paul will sing with them as they play a new song at a star-filled charity concert in New York.

Macca, 70, has been secretly working with Foo Fighters singer Dave Grohl and bassist Krist Novoselic after a recent session at a studio. The pair were founding members of Nirvana along with Cobain, who committed suicide in 1994. Sir Paul said he rang Dave, 43, who asked him to come along to “jam with some mates”.

Macca had suggested they “just make something up” and found himself playing with Grohl on drums, bassist Krist, 47, and unofficial fourth Nirvana member Pat Smear, 53.

He said: “I didn’t really know who they were. They are saying how good it is to be back together. I said ‘Whoa? You guys haven’t played together for all that time?

“And somebody whispered to me ‘That’s Nirvana. You’re Kurt.’ I couldn’t believe it.”

The Rolling Stones will also play at the 12.12.12 concert for victims of Hurricane Sandy.

http://www.thesun.co...in-Nirvana.html

I agree! No idea how he would work with Dave, Kris and Pat....don't have long to find out - that's for sure! ;)

Paul McCartney's played with Dave Grohl before.. or I should say Grohl sat in with McCartney...

I even heard he was interested in Them Crooked Vultures.

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing this. I adore Krist Novoselic...it will be nice to see him playing again! Obviously, there are better voices out there to sub for Kurt Cobain...imo, but this should be interesting.

Archived