New 1977 soundboard - Landover 25/5 & 30/5 - Empress Valley release

Triplet Kick

And just how many shows have you shared over the years...better still, how many have you taped? Or are you just another fuckin' leech who has done absolutely nothing to contribute to the trading pool?

Sorry...if some guy is gonna do a rush job upload on a recording my instincts tell me that they are in it simply for the glory, and the actual quality of the upload be damned. I mean, if yer gonna share something with the masses, fuckin' do it right or wait till somebody who knows what they fuck they're doing does it.

And if yer gonna call me an ungrateful cry baby, maybe you better do a search through the posts I've made here over the years and see just what I have contributed not only to this forum but to the Zeppelin community in general. A damn sight more than yerself, I'd reckon. I don't give a shit how long you've been on the site, you obviously have very little to contribute no matter how you slice it.

Merry fuckin' Christmas!

elgimpo is from Amsterdam, so is goatface (ghostface) at G101. Wonder if they are the same person :ph34r:

elgimpo is from Amsterdam, so is goatface (ghostface) at G101. Wonder if they are the same person :ph34r:

I think there is more than one person from Amsterdam at 101... lol

And I agree with Livewire... maybe the guy doesnt know how to properly rip a cd, or he got it like that from some other site... god knows what his reasons are for sharing or where he got it from (I've heard that no one has received their silvers yet)... I'm just happy that I can already listen to it a few days after release... and when a better rip shows up I'll delete the 101 files... either that or when eelgrass or godfather release a budget version... (i'm becoming more and more a fan of godfather and their box sets... then I'm not enough of a serious collector to know how they compare to other releases... but at least the packaging is real purty)

Listening to the 25th now....this show is turning out to be a real revelation, never gave it a second listen on the old "Teenage Dream" boot, but this sounds really good. John Henry is on his game!

And c'mon guys, you know the drill, the mp3's, followed by the flacs, followed by the remaster, followed by the matrix, followed by the new, improved, corrected version, etc., etc., & on & on...right? ;)

Just happy to see some new quality stuff. I might listen to this whole thing tonight. And it's Dec 21st and God knows there's a million more important things to do, haha

Listening to the 25th now....this show is turning out to be a real revelation, never gave it a second listen on the old "Teenage Dream" boot, but this sounds really good. John Henry is on his game!

And c'mon guys, you know the drill, the mp3's, followed by the flacs, followed by the remaster, followed by the matrix, followed by the new, improved, corrected version, etc., etc., & on & on...right? ;)

Just happy to see some new quality stuff. I might listen to this whole thing tonight. And it's Dec 21st and God knows there's a million more important things to do, haha

Not to mention Jonesys bass lines, even in an mp3 320

what is wrong with you all? and you at R.O.? Tell me, please, in at least two sentences, why the 25th is a "bad" show, especially if compared to the soundboard recordings of the 77 shows we already had? I don't think, i KNOW (K N O W !!!!!!!) that the Ten Years Gone guitar solo, the middle one, is the best we have so far on a properly recorded live recording. and I am a multi instrument musician. and classically trained as a violinist. TYG from the 25th is very good.

and roberts voice (being a multi semi-talented musician/vocalist) sounds like he did about 12 grams of powdered cocaine on the 30th. On the 25th, at least his voice sounds natural. as for jimmy, he's stoned all the time back then, but really, compare to what we had, and please explain why the 25th is a bad show. I'd like to know. because I have been listening to it a lot, and while not flawless, of course, it is very solid.

Just had confirmation that the silvers are shipping, for those who are interested.

Don't need the silvers, got MP3s of the 25th and 30th, Now waiting for the FLACs, Should'nt be too long now.

...and as usual for that you're relying on one of us ripping from the silvers. :P

Yes please. Then I can burn a few copies to give to some friends who don't do the downloading thing.

It's a bit like passing around a joint, you don't deny someone a toke because they have'nt contributed to the stash.

It's a bit like passing around a joint, you don't deny someone a toke because they have'nt contributed to the stash.

Yeah, but when it's their turn to have a stash, they better return the fucking favour.

No offense, JTM, but what have you contributed to the community beyond the "Gimme, gimme now!" attitude Zeppelin collectors have become infamous for over the years (and not in a good way). Have you ever dropped the big bucks on 'Silver' CD's and shared 'em out? Ya know, just sayin'... ;)

I'll get the silvers in a few days, I hope. I'm pretty clueless with the downloading thing, and the trading post thing, but I can put some clips on youtube easily enough. I suppose Conney will take care of that, but nothing wrong with a few different youtube sources. Maybe it will attract more traffic for my band, now that I think of it. Can anybody tell me if I'm likely to get hassled for copyright infringement or something like that? I've never put up anything but my own music.

Yes please. Then I can burn a few copies to give to some friends who don't do the downloading thing.

You completely missed the point, but never mind. Anyway, I'm sure the FLACS will get shared soon enough.

Anyway, I'm sure the FLACS will get shared soon enough.

Indeed...then we'll see all the remasters (good, bad and in between)...then the re-remasters...then the re-re-remasters...then the badly synced matrixes with the audience recordings... :lol:

Although word is Bluecongo (who did the classic 12-2-75 MSG Four Blocks In The Snow matrix) is going to give a May 30 matrix a go...that dude knows his shit, and I bet if he can carry it off it'll end up being the definitive version of the concert (although how he plans on dealing with the distorted "The Song Remains The Same" from the audience tape I have no idea)

So what, big feckin deal.

Oh, so you admit that yer a member of the same "Gimme, gimme!" crowd that have given Zeppelin collectors such a bad reputation over the years? You should be proud... :lol::rolleyes:

I repeat, JTM: what exactly have you contributed to the Zeppelin community besides a handful of gimme? Sorry, but wanting something for nothing is a 'big feckin deal'...

Oh, so you admit that yer a member of the same "Gimme, gimme!" crowd that have given Zeppelin collectors such a bad reputation over the years? You should be proud... :lol::rolleyes:

I repeat, JTM: what exactly have you contributed to the Zeppelin community besides a handful of gimme? Sorry, but wanting something for nothing is a 'big feckin deal'...

I'm not a member of the gimme gimme brigade. FYI over the years i've given away hundreds of pounds worth of CDs and DVDs of shows I've downloaded more often than not in cases with printed covers, for which I don't ask or expect anything in return in fact I am more likely to refuse the offer of any form of recompense.( My ex work colleagues used to call me the Music Man) I also keep a healthy share ratio on the numerous sites I am a member of.

Is that good enough for you.

Oh and if you want to go out and pay an extortinate ammount of money for bootlegs that's up to you. Last time I bought a bootleg it cost no more than a normal release (£9.99 - Eternal Mystery) that was about 20 years ago. There is absolutely no way I'm going to pay the stupid prices bootlegs go for these days because imo there are not worth the asking price. Besides the people that put them out don't pay anything for them before they press them up, the Zeppelin ones are mostly from stolen tapes and the O2 releases were taken from recordings made by tapers who uploaded them for free within hours of recording the concert with the stipulation that their recordings not be sold (or redistributed in MP3 or other lossy medium). Yet the bootleg companys stole those recordings and put them on disc to sell, I won't be part of that I'm not going to pay for something somebody else stole. There are people out there who can afford to liberate retail bootlegs and generously redistribute them via p2p sites for free. I cannot afford to do that. So I do my bit for the bootleg community (not just Led Zeppelin) by burning off a few copies of most of what I download an pass the m on for free.

I'm not a member of the gimme gimme brigade. FYI over the years i've given away hundreds of pounds worth of CDs and DVDs of shows I've downloaded more often than not in cases with printed covers, for which I don't ask or expect anything in return in fact I am more likely to refuse the offer of any form of recompense.( My ex work colleagues used to call me the Music Man) I also keep a healthy share ratio on the numerous sites I am a member of.

Is that good enough for you.

Oh and if you want to go out and pay an extortinate ammount of money for bootlegs that's up to you. Last time I bought a bootleg it cost no more than a normal release (£9.99 - Eternal Mystery) that was about 20 years ago. There is absolutely no way I'm going to pay the stupid prices bootlegs go for these days because imo there are not worth the asking price. Besides the people that put them out don't pay anything for them before they press them up, the Zeppelin ones are mostly from stolen tapes and the O2 releases were taken from recordings made by tapers who uploaded them for free within hours of recording the concert with the stipulation that their recordings not be sold (or redistributed in MP3 or other lossy medium). Yet the bootleg companys stole those recordings and put them on disc to sell, I won't be part of that I'm not going to pay for something somebody else stole. There are people out there who can afford to liberate retail bootlegs and generously redistribute them via p2p sites for free. I cannot afford to do that. So I do my bit for the bootleg community (not just Led Zeppelin) by burning off a few copies of most of what I download an pass the m on for free.

Wish you'd just said all that in the first place...the way you came into this discussion you sounded like a typical leech with a handful of gimme...I take it back. My apologies. You've obviously paid yer dues and aren't just some stupid naive kid blathering on about how "bad" bootleggers are without any facts to back it up like certain other people on this forum.

Archived