a few videos of us playing three Zeppelin tunes

Giordano

• 1 year later...

right! It's official... I hate you all !

:-)

Hey Luca, been checkin' out your video's, you have got the tones and spirit and your rhythm section is fine, I also agree there is just sumthin' not quite right about your singer, let me explain, hats off to him having the balls to get up and sing and has great taste in music like we all have, but you claim to be an authentic tribute band , it's a business and if the right guy comes along you would do well to make the tough decisions, try and understand, if that was my band I wouldn't of started till the singer was spot on!

All the best anyway,

Keep Rockin'!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Zepdawg, I appreciate your thoughts. And you are right. His voice isn't the spitting image of mr. RP.
He has the range, but misses that bit of grit in the high registers. and a bit of "feel for the blues"....Maybe just as well because we all know Mister Plant used up his Zep style vocalchords in a little under 5 years with all that high powered abuse. :-)
We think a true tribute to Zep is about making music... which should not be confused with reproducing a record. We are not a jukebox with wigs and dragonsuits. We are four guys loving Zeppelin and playing their music in their style of playing and then going places with it.

Personally I think those lookalike bands are just silly.... and in some cases... rather close to food for psychologists. :-)
Zeppelin was always about taking a tune live and telling a story with it, trying go past the notes that where on the album. improvising. making music instead of reproducing.
We will probably miss out on some gigs on account of the punters thinking we are not lookalike enough, but we are very proud that that is the case. :-)

we'll keep rocking! no doubt!

Here is recent version of Dazed & Confused for your enjoyment:

Hey Zepdawg, I appreciate your thoughts. And you are right. His voice isn't the spitting image of mr. RP.

He has the range, but misses that bit of grit in the high registers. and a bit of "feel for the blues"....Maybe just as well because we all know Mister Plant used up his Zep style vocalchords in a little under 5 years with all that high powered abuse. :-)

We think a true tribute to Zep is about making music... which should not be confused with reproducing a record. We are not a jukebox with wigs and dragonsuits. We are four guys loving Zeppelin and playing their music in their style of playing and then going places with it.

Personally I think those lookalike bands are just silly.... and in some cases... rather close to food for psychologists. :-)

Zeppelin was always about taking a tune live and telling a story with it, trying go past the notes that where on the album. improvising. making music instead of reproducing.

We will probably miss out on some gigs on account of the punters thinking we are not lookalike enough, but we are very proud that that is the case. :-)

we'll keep rocking! no doubt!

Hey Luca,

Seen many Zep cover/tribute bands, none of them are even close to sounding like Plant but they can sing and believe they belong on that stage, your guy at times ain't really singing, at times his accent is to pronounced which shouldn't be the case!

Cheers.

Hey Luca

These guys are The Zep Boys from Adelaide, Australia the best I've heard and I've heard them all and they are the best because of this vocalist Vince Contarino, boy has this guy got lungs and staying power, they did a show with Orchestra Victoria over two nights here in Melbourne, Victoria I was their both nights, footage below is from those shows, video is from both nights so the audio is not always synched, but you'll see what I mean with his singing, pay attention to his climax at the end, this guy doesn't need air at times i believe, freaks me out!

A little heavy on the accent, but I enjoyed it!

I have been doing tribute bands for 10 years, none of them are perfect, some are downright bad, but it important to remember, all of us are fans playing music we love!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Zepdawg,

wow! the guy has great technique. very impressive! not sure if I'm a great fan performance. Although he does have fantastic technique and a formidable set of lungs, he seems a bit uptight in his performance. But hey! great job! and ...accounting for taste...and all that.

You are right! My man does have a bit of problem with pronunciation. As we are no native speakers it is a common issue over here.

"ze Zterwayz zum heaven" :-)

passion and love for this free spirited music, is all it is. fans and Zep-authority seem to think so. More on that soon.

Archived