Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheLastSpartan

Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes

35 posts in this topic

I saw three shows total in the NYC area. All the shows were very good, standing out was the Jones Beach show which had rarities

"In The Light" and "Hots on for Nowhere" played. I am a guitar player and for me it was actually weird hearing the Zep studio versions

being played, as Jimmy was absolutely not known for using this approach, even on songs where one guitar could come very close

To duplicating the studio version. Also with the the three- guitar attack Page had to somewhat circumscribe some of the wilder

Elements of his soloing, although ultimately Jimmy pretty much proved that he could recreate Zep's studio guitar trickery live

With two other guitarists.

Thanks youtube uploader Mark Zep for this

Edited by luvlz2

We were at the Tinley Park (Chicago) show. I have never been soaked like that before, as it was raining sideways into the pavilion, but it was worth it. Great show, enjoyed it a lot. There were cameras there, so they did film it, but it was never officially released.

On 05/01/2013 at 9:02 PM, TheLastSpartan said:

Back in 1999 and 2000 (as well as one performance in 2011 and 1995), Jimmy Page joined The Black Crowes onstage for a tour in those 2 years, doing some Black Crowe songs as well as some Zeppelin tunes. A lot of bootleg footage and audio exists of this show. This is personally my favorite of Pages post-Zeppelin "projects", a shame they didn't do a full album, but I am thankful for what we do have!

A typical setlist (Blockbuster-Sony Music Entertainment Centre, Camden, NJ, USA to be specific, songs may vary from date to date)

1.Celebration Day

2. The Wanton Song

3. Misty Mountain Hop

4. Hots On For Nowhere

5. No Speak No Slave

6. Sick Again

7. What Is And What Should Never Be

8. Horsehead

9. Oh Well

10. Ten Years Gone

11. In My Time Of Dying

12. Your Time Is Gonna Come

13. Remedy

14. The Lemon Song

15. In The Light

16. Shapes Of Things

17. Nobody's Fault But Mine

18. Heartbreaker

Encore

19. Bring It On Home

20. She Talks To Angels

21. Out On The Tiles

22. Whole Lotta Love

Tour Dates:

10.12.99 - New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom

10.13.99 - New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom

10.14.99 - New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom

10.16.99 - Worcester. MA - The Centrum

10.18.99 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theater

10.19.99 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theater

6.24.00 - Tinley Park, IL - New World Theatre

6.26.00 - Auburn Hills, MI - Palace at Auburn Hills

6.28.00 - Pittsburgh, PA - Star Lake Amp.

6.30.00 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center

7.02.00 - Mansfield, MA - Great Woods

7.06.00 - Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion

7.08.00 - Camden, NJ - E Center

7.10.00 - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach=

8.13.00 - Phoenix, AZ - Desert Sky

8.15.00 - Irvine, CA - Irvine Meadows

8.18.00 - George, WA - The Gorge

8.22.00 - Mountain View, CA - Shoreline Amp.

8.25.00 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center

8.28.00 - Dallas, TX - Reunion

8.30.00 - Houston, TX - The Woodlands

9.23.00 - Miami, FL - Coral Sky

9.25.00 - Tampa, FL - Ice Palace

9.27.00 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena

10.01.00 - Cleveland, OH - Gund Arena

10.03.00 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre

Official Releases

Live At The Greek

Footage:

Ten Years Gone. Fuckin incredible. Easily my favourite Zep tune....and therefore my favourite song ever. 

I saw where a Jones Beach show is rumored to be released on vinyl for Record Day.  Source: Led Zep news twitter feed.

Posted (edited)

^^If it turns out to be absolutely true, which so far it looks to be though still in the rumour stage, that's exciting news! I will get there at midnight and be first in line for something like that! That's what I did for the live at the greek red white and blue vinyl.

Edited by luvlz2

As the release is a 10", my best guess is it would be either the four Led Zeppelin songs played at Jones Beach that are not on Live At The Greek or the for Black Crowes songs played. Most likely the former.

The Led Zeppelin songs were;  Wanton Song, Misty Mountain Hop, Hots On For Nowhere and Bring It On Home.
The Black Crowes songs were;  No Speak No Slave, Horsehead, Remedy and She Talks To Angels.
There was also a cover of Muddy Water's I Can't Be Satisfied played.

I believe Jimmy said there was an issue with The Black Crowes' record company relating to releasing any of their own tracks during their collaboration. 

Posted (edited)

Jimmy should have just joined the Crowes. They should have written together. I would love to hear the results. They seemed like a perfect fit for him.

Edited by Tremelo