My Lyrics & Melodies For Jimmy Page’s Instrumentals “Embryos 1, 2 & 3”

Kathleen Mary Parker

I have recently joined this forum (29 NOV 2012, 1st Post - 01 DEC 2012) - and perhaps I need to introduce myself... I have been writing songs (and playing guitar a bit...) since I was fifteen, and have recently come to the conclusion that singer-songwriter should have been my career all along...

By way of introduction to my work, below is a link to demos of my melodies & lyrics for Jimmy Page’s “Embryo” instrumentals from the “It Might Get Loud” movie & extras. “Embryo 1” is the one called “Untitled” (to be titled later...), with an original lyric and melody by me. “Embryo 2” (a.k.a “Domino” from Jimmy’s performance at NetAid in 1999) is the one entitled Fhear a’ Bhata - here I adapted a traditional lyric and reworked the melody to fit Jimmy’s instrumental - there is a version of the the original by Sandy Denny - though I learned the song from Gordon Bok, Ed Trickett, and Ann Mayo Muir. “Embryo 3” is the one titled “Thrown Down...” - this is my original lyric and melody. The instrumentals were downloaded from YouTube and JimmyPage.com, and are, of course, Jimmy’s work and NOT mine. (I do have a little guitar piece of my own I might post later when I figure out how to record it...) Also on the way later are two more lyrics and melodies for instrumentals of Jimmy’s, and a song I wrote which is at present a cappella, for which I may make a video....

Here’s the link to my demos @ReverbNation.com:

Kathleen Mary Parker Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos

I have recently joined this forum (29 NOV 2012, 1st Post - 01 DEC 2012) - and perhaps I need to introduce myself... I have been writing songs (and playing guitar a bit...) since I was fifteen, and have recently come to the conclusion that singer-songwriter should have been my career all along...

I especially like the song where you seem to torture a cat. I hope the poor animal wasn't hurt.

I was going to say something similar, but you beat me to it. I listened to this last night with an open mind.

After 20 sec. of the first song, I had to leave. Words can't even explain.

Archived