Which "Electric" Songs on LPs had their start as an acoustic song?

Dallas Knebs

Cool topic! Can't think of any off the top of my head right now. Seems to me Unplugged gave most artists a reason to come up with acoustic versions of their songs. One may have to dig further back in history to find an acoustic song that was later performed electric. That could be before my time for sure. --Oh, wait! Wait! It's coming to me now. How about "Crossroads"?

There's a 27 second clip of an acoustic demo of the Rover that circulates. Black Dog also started out as an acoustic song, and on the flip-side of things, Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp started out as an electric number called 'Jennings Farm Blues'.

my friend's contention is similar to what TheTraveller posted- that anything from Bron-Yr-Aur was/is acoustic and that Page said he plays acoustic around his house. And Sue, I get the vibe on the acoustic The Rover. What a terrific feel.

Was the tuning blends that became Kashmir originally acoustic?

There's a 27 second clip of an acoustic demo of the

Rover that circulates. Black Dog also started out as an acoustic song, and on the flip-side of things, Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp started out as an electric number called 'Jennings Farm Blues'.

I thought black dog was a built from a rolling bass riff from JPJ?

or am I wrong?

Cool topic! Can't think of any off the top of my head right now. Seems to me Unplugged gave most artists a reason to come up with acoustic versions of their songs. One may have to dig further back in history to find an acoustic song that was later performed electric. That could be before my time for sure. --Oh, wait! Wait! It's coming to me now. How about "Crossroads"?

It sounded like the topic was about any song, not just a Led Zep.

• 2 weeks later...

The most glaring example to me is The Rover because it started out as all acoustic and then ended up as all electric hard rock. I think a lot of the songs that started acoustic ended up with a mixture of acoustic and electric, like Over The Hills and Far Away, Stairway to Heaven, etc.

Archived