Why Public Transportation Is Not For Me…

Charles J. White

^^ The Jeremy Kyle show style pond scum, I'd grab her by the throat and throttle her to death, utter disgrace to the human race.

Also... I tend to avoid pubic transport here. last time I used a bus, it smelt like a pubic toilet and the drivers ain't much cop either.

It's a weird and unpredictable world out there. Just two days ago a neighbour ended in the hospital after he tripped on the pavement while he was trying to mediate between two drivers in a minor car accident. At least in the video shown here no one got hurt.

Not sticking up for London or the U.K but there are loud, racist, obnoxious, ignorant people all over the world. Because that is what some humans are like - especially when you put them in an enclosed space with other humans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxZxxXWC6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouiMy73Ouvs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzGD6McSuuc

Always lovely to see the many faces of human expression.

I love public transportation and when I lived in NY and Chicago I used these exclusively. I hate to drive, too many assholes on the road. I have been lucky with my public trans experiences, like ledzepfvr said above, minded my own and read many books...just like everyone else.

Must be a pleasant woman to live with....NOT.....wow.

I took public transportation for 3 years in the late 70's in Orange County CA. Minded my own business and read a lot of books.

My thoughts exactly, ledzepfvr...I read books or newspapers, listen to music and mind my own business. I have been using public transportation for decades...in Europe and in the U.S...and the incidents that CJW posted are rare in my experience. I have no problem using public transportation...it saves me a fortune on parking and valet fees.

Did anyone else also notice the women in the videos CJW posted look alike?

One of my biggest disappointments when we moved out to the far 'burbs was that I couldn't use public transit anymore. I used to read all the time, now I'm practically illiterate...

Love public transit. Wish I could use it again.

Very educational CJW but too be honest do you live in an area of a country that this happens? I suspect not.

All these instances of racist bigots on tube trains in London are very rare. But being the captial it does attract large amounts of foreigners. But how these narrow minded fuck wits know the difference between tourists or legit foriegn workers is beyond me. They always assume that if you are not British then you are an illegal immigrant. I do believe some of these people have been prosecuted. Too right in my opinion

For what it's worth I have done a lot of travelling in my life and have only experienced one incident of bigotry. Ironically it was in India and the man was giving me a hard time about being British !!. He was quickly told to go away or else he would have been lynched (not be me BTW).

I also don't drive and use public transport often. It is very pleasant but I do live in the country.

I grew up living in a city that a population of a million people and when I was going to school, I had to take public transportation and fights would break out between the Jamaicans and the Asians or really loud yelling/screaming matches all of the time. I swore off public buses ever since. There was also that time when a bus caught fire which really made me question what the heck I was doing. Between the drunks, the people who never wash, and the one sitting there picking his nose for 55 minutes every day I decided enough was enough!

I either ride my motocycle, drive the car, or ride my mountain bike.

Archived