Copenhagen 7-24-79 - Rare Photos

sam_webmaster

I don't know much about these Copenhagen shows from 79' Are there boots available? How were the shows? How was the playing? Oh, you all get the idea, tell me about these two gigs...simply gotta know!!!

Here ya go:

http://www.theyearofledzeppelin.com/2008/11/day-250-7241979-copenhagen-denmark.html?m=1

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/july-24-1979

Search "Led Zeppelin July 24, 1979" on YouTube.

Very nice to see you on here Andy. I have question- what do you remember about the rehearsals at Bray Studios in 1979 for the Copenhagen and Knebworth shows. How many days or weeks did they rehearse and is it true some of it was pro shot on video?

Very nice to see you on here Andy. I have question- what do you remember about the rehearsals at Bray Studios in 1979 for the Copenhagen and Knebworth shows. How many days or weeks did they rehearse and is it true some of it was pro shot on video?

GREAT question!

Well I have to admit I don't really remember much at all. I was touring in the US with Bad Company and had to leave that tour early to come back for these rehearsals. I worked at Bray several times with several different bands and so the exact details of this particular rehearsal aren't clear in my mind. I can recall that the film set carpenters built my design for the white grand piano case in which the Yamaha CP70 piano was housed. It wasn't completed in time for the Copenhagen show but was ready for Knebworth. We also redesigned the sustain pedal system on the CP70 to allow the Bill Dunne bass pedals to fit underneath the piano.

Well I have to admit I don't really remember much at all. I was touring in the US with Bad Company and had to leave that tour early to come back for these rehearsals. I worked at Bray several times with several different bands and so the exact details of this particular rehearsal aren't clear in my mind. I can recall that the film set carpenters built my design for the white grand piano case in which the Yamaha CP70 piano was housed. It wasn't completed in time for the Copenhagen show but was ready for Knebworth. We also redesigned the sustain pedal system on the CP70 to allow the Bill Dunne bass pedals to fit underneath the piano.

Thanks Andy for replying. I realize over 30 years have passed and some things you might not remember but I appreciate it all the same. I did notice the pics from Copenhagen that the white piano case wasn't in place yet.

• 3 years later...

Archived