Was any consideration given at 02 to playing something from In Through the Out Door ?

It was somewhat disappointing that nothing was played from In Through the Out Door . It would would have been nice to have all albums represented even if just one track was played so to represent a complete record of their career

Does anyone know if any consideration was given or why not ?

I suspectulate they [esp. Page?] wanted to represent Led Zep as a 'heavier' rock band, but I know All of my Love was a favourite of Plant's [well at least use to be] and that would have been very nice, that said even In the Evening could have been played if they wanted a heavier representation since that song along with All of my Love was played live previously as part of the regular set in 1980.

I'm Gonna Crawl would have been cool too to close the show with before the encores, that way they would have opened and closed with tracks that were the first track from the 1st album and the last track from the last album !

Thoughts ?

It was somewhat disappointing that nothing was played from In Through the Out Door . It would would have been nice to have all albums represented even if just one track was played so to represent a complete record of their career

I suspectulate they [esp. Page?] wanted to represent Led Zep as a 'heavier' rock band, but I know All of my Love was a favourite of Plant's [well at least use to be] and that would have been very nice, that said even In the Evening could have been played if they wanted a heavier representation since that song along with All of my Love was played live previously as part of the regular set in 1980.

I'm Gonna Crawl would have been cool too to close the show with before the encores, that way they would have opened and closed with tracks that were the first track from the 1st album and the last track from the last album !

Thoughts ?

Because the album is shite

Because the album is shite

Aww, c'mon now, that is a bit harsh. Yes, the mixing could have been better, they keys (especially in Carouselambra) could have been less cheesy, and of course bring the guitar up in some songs. Overall though I think ITTOD is an excellent record all around. In the Evening, All My Love (with original ending), or I'am Gonna Crawl would have been great! Though I do respect your opinion, ITTOD is not everyones cup o' tea and usually rates on the low end for most Zep fans.

The interviews in that latest Classic Rock- with John Paul Jone's he said that he and Jimmy and Jason with some of those vocalist that they were rehearsing with in 2008-(Myles Kennedy)-that they did rehearse Carouselambra then. I think they at least had to rehearse In the Evening for the O2 show but didn't include it because of time constraints maybe. They did rehearse the song Houses of the Holy but didn't play it either.

One lil tidbit- Carouselbra would be performed on the doubleneck as it is the only song Jimmy actually recorded in the studio using the doubleneck- alot of people think he used it on Stairway and The Song Remains the Same in the studio-Nope.

from the heresay mill- no. None whatsoever.

The original 20 minute set had no intent to be representative of each album. The only intent was to honor Ahmet Ertegun at the behest of his widow. The 20 minute set was gradually built upon with songs that had to be there. 20 minutes went to 30, 30 to 50 and then once things proved out that they could play and that the heart of the matter was right then it grew on its own to be unique, memorable and push to the front the substance from which the reputation was made. They did it in spades.

The news reel.... dayum.

Good Times, Bad Times as opener? no one guessed that.

Ramble On as #2 no one guessed that.

For Your Life as a first time in public? same. That was ballsy and risky.

... and so on.

It would have been nice to hear a few from ITTOD. I am too grateful to see disappointment in them not being there.

Aww, c'mon now, that is a bit harsh. Yes, the mixing could have been better, they keys (especially in Carouselambra) could have been less cheesy, and of course bring the guitar up in some songs. Overall though I think ITTOD is an excellent record all around. In the Evening, All My Love (with original ending), or I'am Gonna Crawl would have been great! Though I do respect your opinion, ITTOD is not everyones cup o' tea and usually rates on the low end for most Zep fans.

It dosen't need me to say it is not their best album. My opinion is a bit harsh and it ruffles a few feathers in people who say that Zepp could do no wrong. I didn't like when it was released and I still don't like it.

OK think of this scenario: A friend/relative/offspring asks you "Hey I have heard that there was a band called Led Zeppelin in the 70's and apparently they were fantastic"

Which album would you put on to say "yeah, listen to this"?

Archived