Tennis

weslgarlic

Thank you for making the important distinction "the first male winner since Perry" - I wish the television commentators were as acurate. They always say, "the British have not had a champion since 1936" - Virginia Wade must feel quite invisible.

P.S. Why do you guys all put "Andy's" name in quotes?

P.S.S. I must respectfully disagree with you about Jim Courier. Have you ever heard him baiting sweet Tracy Austin during the U.S. Open coverage? The man isn't well in the head.

Well done "Andy" for his win at Queens. (I'll sure he'll be reading this, so) he has grown on me. I think the coverage of Wimbledon, in particular, gets spoiled by the overt jingoistic need to have the first male winner since Fred Bleedin' Perry and all the hype and pressure they heap on "Andy".

I used to want all British hopes to keep failing because of this, but maybe (although we'd never hear the last of it and the hype would be sickening) it would be better long term if "Andy" won it so Andrew Castle and Sue Barker could STFU and let me watch Wimbledon in peace; without them putting everything in context of how the "Brits are doing" for example: Nadal went out last year and they were positively wetting themselves with glee and plotting Andy's run to the final while he was still in the third round. "Andy" seems like a normal bloke from a fairly normal background; so I'd rather he won it than some posh kid whose father is a major.

Wimbledon countdown: T minus 8 days.

Thank you for making the important distinction "the first male winner since Perry" - I wish the television commentators were as acurate. They always say, "the British have not had a champion since 1936" - Virginia Wade must feel quite invisible.

P.S. Why do you guys all put "Andy's" name in quotes?

P.S.S. I must respectfully disagree with you about Jim Courier. Have you ever heard him baiting sweet Tracy Austin during the U.S. Open coverage? The man isn't well in the head.

Thank you, I try to be accurate:p

"Andy" because the commentators always use his first name as if they are best mates. Which they may well be; but it just sounds unprofessional and biased.

No, I haven't heard him "baiting" Tracy Austin:p I've only heard him do the FO

Adios, Nadal! Andele, Federer!! Where my Fed-heads at...

More to the point; where is Nadal's head at right now? I can't believe after last year he's come back and gone down in straight sets in the first round. He looked injured, but how can you beat Djokovic a week before 9-7 in the fifth set and be injured? Doesn't make any sense.

We all know what you meant in the first place. It seems Pagesbow has a rather warped mind.

We all know what you meant in the first place. It seems Pagesbow has a rather warped mind.

It's like in football Brazil v england ,when Ronaldihio chipped the ball over the england keeper which read - Ronaldihio lobes ( david ) seaman from 30 yards

This year's Wimbledon is dropping seeds like Johnny Appleseed. No Nadal, no Sharapova, no Federer. And for the first time since 1992, no Yankee men thru to the third round.

Oh well...I'll still watch, especially on the 4th of July. Djokovic will probably get my support now. I don't know about the women...I miss my beloved Steffi Graf.

This year's Wimbledon is dropping seeds like Johnny Appleseed. No Nadal, no Sharapova, no Federer. And for the first time since 1992, no Yankee men thru to the third round.

Oh well...I'll still watch, especially on the 4th of July. Djokovic will probably get my support now. I don't know about the women...I miss my beloved Steffi Graf.

Bit of a weird tournament thus far and somewhat of a damp squib overall except for "crazy Wednesday" And while It was exciting to watch Stakhovsky beat Fed with *gasp* serve and volley on a grass court ultimately, Stakhovsky - to use a Jimmy Connors phrase - was a "spoiler" who you could of bet your house on him going in his next match (and so it was, to Meltzer 3 sets to 1)

If a Stakhovsky or a Rosol could make a run to the final, or at least win a few more matches, it would be more interesting and worthwhile - as it stands - these one off fluke performances just rob the tournament of the big names which most people are looking forward to watching in the later stages. Alas, this is sport.

Adios Murray

Dammit man...I thought this meant he lost. Instead it appears you jumped the gun when he fell behind two sets to love. You jinxed it with your early exultation, hehe.

Djokovic advances, that's all that matters to me. The women's side is a complete mystery...I'll be seeing some of these ladies play for the first time tomorrow.

Edited by Strider

Dammit man...I thought this meant he lost. Instead it appears you jumped the gun when he fell behind two sets to love. You jinxed it with your early exultation, hehe.

Djokovic advances, that's all that matters to me. The women's side is a complete mystery...I'll be seeing some of these ladies play for the first time tomorrow.

Yes I know I was a trifle premature!! To be fair to the sweaty sock he battled really hard and the Spaniard capitulated when he was on the verge of an upset. Me and Mrs CP caught the last 2 sets and it was pure entertainment. I am loathed to say it, I hope he goes on to win.

As far as the Ladies. Gotta go for the "hot" German Sabine. She will be in our hearts as she despatched that loathsome Williams who strutted around like it was a formality. Good riddance