Zeppelin USA

Steve Z(oso)

Since some of you here followed my previous band, I thought I'd start a thread here for my brand new Led Zep tribute band, "Zeppelin USA" or "ZUSA."

We've played a couple of benefit shows in Las Vegas and Southern CA, and we have our first full-length show coming up Mar 1 in Vegas.

This time, it's just the music, no costumes or wigs, which is just fine by me! If you're anywhere near the Vegas area, come on out, we'd love to see you!

If you're on Facebook, you can follow us HERE.

Here's a video of 'Stairway' from our second show:

ZUSA_BoulderPoster_zpsf5cb4338.jpeg

25933_10151189905051755_946957080_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve...I was just going to post in the Next Show thread that I was going to see your new band and happy to see you started a new thread for ZUSA. Which means you will be stopping by the forum more often now. I look forward to seeing the show at M15 on the 30th.

Hi Steve...I was just going to post in the Next Show thread that I was going to see your new band and happy to see you started a new thread for ZUSA. Which means you will be stopping by the forum more often now. I look forward to seeing the show at M15 on the 30th.

Thanks M, we'll see you there! Really looking forward to the show.

Here's a preview, Ramble On, from our Mar 1 show in Vegas.

I have a cool picture to share when I can get this peice of shit computer to work for me It's old and slow and photobucket has changed. I want to pull my hair out right now.

I'll try again tomarrow.

I have a cool picture to share when I can get this peice of shit computer to work for me It's old and slow and photobucket has changed. I want to pull my hair out right now.

I'll try again tomarrow.

Sorry you had so much trouble! Here's the pic, thanks for sending it to me!

486157_347329225372006_1300948437_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Steve's new band last night and I had such a good time. While I enjoyed Led Zepagain, I have to say Zeppelin USA is even better. The music was so much tighter to what it must have been like listening to them live. I have never had that pleasure, but I know Steve has, so attention to detail in the music is what was focused on. Brody has a swagger and stage personal that makes it entertaining. Pat was hard hitting on the drums. Jonathan was great on the bass, mandolin and keyboards. And Steve, as usual, your guitar work is the best IMHO. Well, outside of Jimmy's anyway.

I know some of you here are not a fan of tribute bands and they do not try to mimic the look or persona of the band we all love so much here. But the focus is on the music. So I would reccomend attending a show of ZUSA if you get the chance.

I went to see Steve's new band last night and I had such a good time. While I enjoyed Led Zepagain, I have to say Zeppelin USA is even better. The music was so much tighter to what it must have been like listening to them live. I have never had that pleasure, but I know Steve has, so attention to detail in the music is what was focused on. Brody has a swagger and stage personal that makes it entertaining. Pat was hard hitting on the drums. Jonathan was great on the bass, mandolin and keyboards. And Steve, as usual, your guitar work is the best IMHO. Well, outside of Jimmy's anyway.

I know some of you here are not a fan of tribute bands and they do not try to mimic the look or persona of the band we all love so much here. But the focus is on the music. So I would reccomend attending a show of ZUSA if you get the chance.

Glad you had the chance to catch them and enjoyed the show . I'm looking forward to having that same opportunity one day myself. Personally, I like the idea of them just focusing in on the music and leaving the costumes behind. The live era before 1973 was always my favorite Zeppelin live era. The days before the gimmicks when the band really did just let the music do the talking :)

Thanks so much for making it to the show, and for the nice review! We had a blast, and being only our second full show, we all felt it went way better than the first. Hope we can do the Inland Empire again soon!

564685_545688592142280_1069492908_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey all,

Time once again to plug my gigs! Hope some of you can make it out to one, especially if any of you are near the Tampa/St Petersburg, FL area, would love to meet some of you!

March 20 - The Coach House, San Juan Capistrano, CA

April 29 - The Mahaffey Theater, St Petersburg, FL

May 24 - Fremont Street Experience, Las Vegas, NV

You can find more info on these on our Facebook Events Page.

Cheers!

Steve Z

Zeppelin USA

Hi Steve!

I wished you were coming to the Atlanta area:-) It was so great to meet in NY last November to see Jimmy interviewed by Jeff Koons. :peace:

Yeah, we're getting close, but not exactly down the street! :-) Hopefully, we'll get out to Atlanta at some point. If you decide to make a road trip / weekend getaway and head down there, let me know!

Edit: Duh, the FL show is on a Wed, not a weekend... Never mind! :-D

• 1 month later...

Just giving this a bump for anyone in the Tampa/St Petersburg area, we will be out there on April 29, as part of the Mahaffey Theater's 50th Anniversary Week! We're thrilled to be playing in this beautiful venue.

Tickets are available HERE (Video on that page as well). We've got a great set planned, with multi-media production, hope some of you can make it out! Would love to say hello to anyone who comes out to it, let me know!

11081323_877835238939657_431035660994577

11044610_866260146763833_108260252321443

• 2 years later...

It's been far too long since I checked in here, but I wanted to give a heads up for some upcoming Zeppelin USA shows.  Our shows have become a more multi-media, big production show, incorporating lasers, video screen and other effects.  Still performed as a 4 piece band, and still no wigs and costumes! :-)

Sat, January 6 - Cerritos Performing Arts Center, Cerritos, CA
Fri, January 12 - Phoenix, AZ, The Van Buren
Sat, January 13 - Tucson, AZ, The Rialto Theater

I've been very fortunate to have also hooked up with Windborne Music, who do the "Music of Led Zeppelin with Symphonies" shows, featuring Randy Jackson of Zebra.  I've done quite a few of the Led Zeppelin shows around the country, and also their Queen, Rolling Stones and David Bowie shows.  Our Zeppelin USA singer, Brody, is the main singer for many of their shows.  I'm not their main guitarist, but they often have multiple shows going on at the same time, so I get to fill in!
I'll be doing the Music of the Rolling Stones with the N Carolina Symphony for 2 nights:

Fri, January 19/Sat, January 20 - Duke Energy Performing Arts Center, Raleigh, N Carolina

Thanks, and be sure to come say hello if you make it to any of the shows!

Promo Video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gw7byeX9hzY

image.thumb.jpeg.d51cca5962a46757e4f023076cbf2120.jpeg

Archived