bedroom decor - what is your style?

slave to zep

i have just invested in a new bed, pillows, underlay and sheets. now i need to find a new doona cover i like. have been casually looking for ages, just can't seem to find one i like...

we are renting, so i have had to change so many times. i think i might stick to something neutral, and maybe add some bright pillows and a throw, something like this ...

http://www.pillowtalk.com.au/product/WEB-BED-QCS/M1547/San-Marco-Adelaide

or this

http://www.pillowtalk.com.au/product/WEB-BED-QCS/M1588/Habitat-Jessica

i like blues and greens and darker purples rather than red, yellow, orange or pinls.

what is your style?

i have just invested in a new bed, pillows, underlay and sheets. now i need to find a new doona cover i like. have been casually looking for ages, just can't seem to find one i like...

we are renting, so i have had to change so many times. i think i might stick to something neutral, and maybe add some bright pillows and a throw, something like this ...

http://www.pillowtal...-Marco-Adelaide

or this

http://www.pillowtal...Habitat-Jessica

i like blues and greens and darker purples rather than red, yellow, orange or pinls.

what is your style?

Loving the second one Jules, the Bluey pillows really look nice...

As I said i go for Pintuck, in plain colours, usually green, with Oxford pillow slips...

Well my style would be to make my own bed spread in the style of the Black or even the White Dragon Suit pants worn by Jimmy !!! But I guess I would have to learn how to sew first . But it's just a suggestion ... Run with that !!!! :threadjacked:

Well my style would be to make my own bed spread in the style of the Black or even the White Dragon Suit pants worn by Jimmy !!! But I guess I would have to learn how to sew first . But it's just a suggestion ... Run with that !!!! :threadjacked:

Seems as if you've jacked a thread about threads.

I have this one Jules..

do you? how cool!

i spent hours online, looking, looking .... finally got in my car and went to my local pillow talk shop. the young girl who served me was fantastic - couldn't do enough to help me, and i told her and her boss. they were so pleased. i told them how i work with customer service also, and you usually only hear about the bad things .... i think i made her day!

anyway, i found out a good tip : buy the doona and cover one size bigger than your bed, so that it covers better! so i bought a king doona and cover.

this one

http://www.pillowtalk.com.au/product/WEB-BED-QCS/N1286/M-U-S-E-Olivia

and i bought 2 fawn coloured cushions and a contrasting blue one. it looked nice in the shop, but i can refund or exchange it all if i don't like it.

I love Victorian / Bohemian / Witchy kind of look in my bedroom, dark purples, dark reds, dark greens...pretty much dark. Kinda like a bedroom you would imagine Stevie Nicks & Jimmy Page would have...complete with esoterica.

oh yes! me too. all of that!

but hubby couldn't stand that, lol

You probably wouldn't think this but, my bedroom is rather girly. My walls are a lavender color with white trim, my bedspread matches too. I never thought about this until now that Tiffany blue would have look really nice on my walls but, I went for something I wouldn't usually go for. My furniture is a mix of black & white. I don't have a big room at all but, I definitely took advantage of my space. I am happy with it & it makes me smile every time I walk in my room. I will try to take pics of my room.

the decor is secondary so long as love lives there

...and of course beach color palette and heavy comforter in winter, light in summer. I tend toward classical like four post, hope chest, armoire, linens and textures. I have a bear skin rug on the floor at the foot of our bed.

No clutter allowed and no tv. Just books, us, laughter, the glances and all that is unspoken between us.

You probably wouldn't think this but, my bedroom is rather girly. My walls are a lavender color with white trim, my bedspread matches too. I never thought about this until now that Tiffany blue would have look really nice on my walls but, I went for something I wouldn't usually go for. My furniture is a mix of black & white. I don't have a big room at all but, I definitely took advantage of my space. I am happy with it & it makes me smile every time I walk in my room. I will try to take pics of my room.

it sounds cute, led zep girl :) can't wait to see the pics

the decor is secondary so long as love lives there

...and of course beach color palette and heavy comforter in winter, light in summer. I tend toward classical like four post, hope chest, armoire, linens and textures. I have a bear skin rug on the floor at the foot of our bed.

No clutter allowed and no tv. Just books, us, laughter, the glances and all that is unspoken between us.

sounds very romantic!

I've gone for the vintage look...walls are light blue, but I've managed to get some pink in there without hubby noticing ;) - similar to this.... http://www.cathkidston.co.uk/p-16955-cath-kidston-antique-rose-bouquet-duck-egg-double-duvet-cover.aspx although now I've seen this thread I'm thinking I might change it, I love redecorating!

Slave to Zep - the neutral palate you chose is beautiful.

I never jumped on the piles of pillows bandwagon but did invest in two European pillows. These big, square pillows placed against a headboard provide great backing for sleeping pillows. After years of deep and moody jewel colours, I switched to crisp white linens with pale blue accents. Have a quilt in pale blue and white over the duvet. Painted my entire room pale pale blue with white trim and baseboards. Then refinished two miss-matched dressers in the same pale blue and white with porcelain white pulls. Important to always have a bit of black to ground any palate; in my case it's my bed frame (wrought iron, canopy) and modern black metal long, low shelving unit anchor the space. I got adventurous a year ago and bought for pennies a Louis XVI reproduction armchair and reupholstered the deck, seat cushion and back in a pale aqua fabric with French bee pattern, and painted the wooden arms, legs and frame black. The monochromatic palate is calm and that's what I was after.

Since I have a really small room, I just have a twin bed. Which is the most comfortable bed...ever I think. I am also planning on getting a new computer desk in the future. I'd really like a hutch of some type. My Grandpa gave me the night stand. I absolutely love it. :)

Yes, I love hello kitty..

post-14213-0-68162900-1360345111_thumb.j

post-14213-0-82895500-1360345139_thumb.j

post-14213-0-34390000-1360345163_thumb.j

I've gone for the vintage look...walls are light blue, but I've managed to get some pink in there without hubby noticing ;) - similar to this.... http://www.cathkidst...uvet-cover.aspx although now I've seen this thread I'm thinking I might change it, I love redecorating!

very pretty, annie. what do you think you will change to?

Archived