Coming Soon - Updated Edition of Luis Rey's Led Zeppelin Live

New Led Zeppelin Live - Photographs wanted for the long awaited new updated edition of Luis Rey's Led Zeppelin Live: An Illustrated Exploration Of Underground Tapes. If you or anyone you know took pictures of Led Zeppelin in concert, we invite you to be part of this unique book by sharing them. Please email NewLedZeppelinLive@gmail.com for more information. Thank you

I think the internet has already done most of the work for him at this point. Between RO, Undergound Uprising, Year of Zeppelin, this site, and the sites which feature ripped-off reviews (such as Argenteum Astrum), I think that pretty much every show out there, and every interesting detail has already been covered. Highlighting the "best version" of each show can really only be done via the internet, because so many sources can always get upgraded via remasters, matrixes, upgraded lowgens, and new soundboards. Printing a book for this type of thing is only going to become out of date within a few months, as opposed to the old days, where tape guides stayed relevant for years. Torrent sites and online reviews have already long been the norm. That's the only real way to stay up-to-date on this stuff. Great to see him active again, though. Definitely a trail-blazer in the Zep community.

Between RO, Undergound Uprising, Year of Zeppelin, this site, and the sites which feature ripped-off reviews... every interesting detail has already been covered. Great to see him active again, though.

same.

I prefer to hear accounts from members here more than from a book that is outdated before the first edit. DavidZoso, Strider, SAJ and many more have kept us current and engaged. Not sure the space available to the project is wide enough for longevity or relevance.

I look forward to this new edition as well...especially for us old geezers who were into this kind of collecting pre internet, these kinds of books are essential. Sure, there's certainly good, reliable information floating around the web, but Luis Rey is almost like a brand name when it comes to live Zeppelin stuff.

Hi,

Same as others I would welcome a new edition, the internet is great and Underground Uprising a site I go to often, but it's nice to have something you can hold and read, my copy (2nd edition) is falling apart and I could do with a replacement.

Andy

I have to agree with the old school crowd here who enjoys having a book to leaf through. But beyond that basic thing, I've always admired what Luis Rey did. He would really annoy me with some of his opinions and attitudes (how can anyone sense "weariness" at the beginning of 6-21-77????). But the underlying idea of his book (and subsequent editions) was that Led Zeppelin was special enough to merit a careful examination of every one of their concerts, with whatever recordings might be available. That seems normal now with all these fan sites, but when I got his book so many years ago, it was the first time I saw that idea (which I share) taken to such lengths. So I admire the guy in spite of some of his nutty opinions, and I would cherish another edition for sure.

• 1 month later...

This is excellent news. I finally found my second and third editions and had forgotten how much of a joy they were to read. Sure, there are free alternatives available on the 'net, but Rey's voice is unique and there have been enough upgrades and new tapes found since 2000 to merit another look. Only the guy that did the Year of Led Zeppelin site comes close to Rey's book, in my opinion.

Hopefully, we'll also get a Kindle version.

I, too, look forward to this. One cool thing about his books besides the live show reviews is the section in the back about when each song was first performed, etc...Just a wealth of info, good to see Luis back in action!

This is one of the best pieces of news I have had so far this year.

I love his books I have all 3 edtions the last one was the best,as they got better each time this should be a classic.My mates will all so be over the moon with the news.

We all use them as a reference, I must have read it hundreds of times in the last 16 years and keep repairing it !Can we have a hardback edtion please Luis!

I understand it is an Ebook,but I hope all so a hardback-paperback as well,I can not stand reading long text on a computer for long.

Luis pull's no punches he tell it like it is,If you have not read his work before you can not go wrong!

And if your a collector this is a must have,with so many new shows and upgrades we need this book.

Welcome back Luis can not wait to read it,when can we order it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I look forward to this new edition as well...especially for us old geezers who were into this kind of collecting pre internet, these kinds of books are essential. Sure, there's certainly good, reliable information floating around the web, but Luis Rey is almost like a brand name when it comes to live Zeppelin stuff.

Hi

Pretty much my thoughts too I like to read books maybe I;m just old fashioned.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

I have to disagree.

The gentleman who posted the blog offers regurgitated clichés to describe the band's playing; it is the antithesis of Mr. Rey's book(s).

He also needs to find a thesaurus. Somewhat ironically, he uses the word 'blaze' to describe nearly every guitar solo Page played at the O2.

• 1 year later...

What ever happened to this 1 Post Wonder ?   Looks like a new book was made for Private buddies only, but doubt is has any real information updated.

Received this in the mail yesterday. It's fuckin' amazing! 555 pages long and completely updated and rewritten. A must have for any hardcore live Zeppelin fan. I have all previous editions (3)and can't wait to dive into this new one over the weekend. I picked mine up from Julian Walker and had it signed by Luis. Cost was around $70 Canadian with shipping from the UK. I've been waiting years for this to finally be updated and now it's here.Thank you Luis Rey!! Cheers

Archived