Interview to a Led Zeppelin Fan

nperez4596

Hello Led Zep Fans!!

I'm writing a research paper and my topic is Led Zeppelin. I need to interview a fan. If anyone can help me out as soon as possible, I'll really appreciate it. It won't take too much of your time. Please contact me as soon as possible.

Thank you all!!

Some answers in advance:

Age 44 years

I saw Zeppelin only without John Bonham, at their 2007 reunion

First song I heard by them: Kashmir

I Like Zep because of their different kinds of moods they can project

Fav. member: Robert

I collect Zeppelin vinyl records

Feel free to ask what you wanna ask.

It's okay if your answer a few of them. If you answer them all, that'll be great. Here they are.

First a basic question, what is your name?

How long have you been a fan of them?

In your experience as a Led Zeppelin fan, what has surprised you the most?

Describe the most significant moment you experienced involving Led Zep?

In what ways has Led Zep influenced you?

How has Led Zep influenced others?

What makes Led Zep unique?

What songs are the best?

How would you describe them?

Have your ever met them?

Thank you so much for your time.

My answers:

First a basic question, what is your name? - Anthony

How long have you been a fan of them? - since December 1991, so that's just over 21 years

In your experience as a Led Zeppelin fan, what has surprised you the most? - how much some fans have incredible detailed knowledge of things like gigs played, and gear used by the members of LZ. That, and the fact that Zeppelin played Hot Dog live during some of their 1980 dates!

Describe the most significant moment you experienced involving Led Zep? I think it was the moment I "got" it, which was one night, alone in my room with headphones, during the last moments of You Shook Me leading into Dazed and Confused, something about the music and the power of it and I went from thinking LZ were just noise to thinking this was the greatest thing ever!

In what ways has Led Zep influenced you? - Innumerable. As a some time musician, Plant has strongly influenced my singing, in terms of projection and clarity of vocal. Jimmy's playing has inspired me to take a stab at learning his riffs and progressions. Bonham has just trained my ear to great drumming, and just excited the snot out of me with his fills and style of playing. Jonesy's fluid and dazzling bass lines influenced me when I was a learning-bass player, and just their whole attitude of consummate skill but also down to earth love of music!! Everything!

How has Led Zep influenced others? - probably the same. They changed the face of rock music; whereas the Beatles gave rock an unlimited sonic palette, LZ refined rock music into a heavier, more powerful template that none have been able to equal to this day.

What makes Led Zep unique? - their eclecticism, their growth and progression from album to album, their unique power and ability to project such excitement on an emotional and professional level. Their range of interests and influences, their desire to travel to far-off places to fuel their inspiration. Their breadth of vision when it comes to the kinds of songs they were prepared to write and perform. I could go "on and on and on" to quote LZIII ;)

What songs are the best? Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir, Achilles Last Stand, Dazed and Confused, That's the Way (a personal favourite), Immigrant Song, Since I've Been Loving You, When the Levee Breaks, For You Life (another personal choice). Etc etc etc

How would you describe them? - combine everything I said above!

Have your ever met them? - sadly no, not even close, but would love to meet either Planty or Pagey before they make the great transition. I know Robert will be in my city in March this year.

--------------------------

I hope that helps you! :)

• 3 months later...

Hiya - I also seen Led Zeppelin in the Liverpool Stadium in 1971 -they finished with Communication Breakdown and then played " Hello Mary Lou 2 for their encore ..I was a fan prior to the 1971 gig here in Liverpool - like John , from 1969 ...

never a better band that Zep ...and I am 62

allan

Archived