Robert Plant Hints He'd Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion

Jimmy's Dragon Suit

I thought I read on the report that Robert said that Jimmy and JPJ were dragging their feet on this...if so..REALLY Robert!!! :)

I hope they can control the ticket prices so those of us (saw them in '73) who haven't seen them have a chance without getting a second and third mortgage. Saw them in 73 for $5. Won't see those prices again that's for sure, but the middle man, like in NJ, NY, etc. is what drives the prices up...

Jeff

It's simple, well maybe not too simple.

If there's any weight to Rob's recent quote, there are a select few members of the forum who are absolutely in the loop, one way or another.

I've previously stated that I pay particular attention to the posts of maybe three posters when it relates to the current going ons of the band. These posters can be as coy as Robert.

No doubt there are others in "the know" who occasionally post, but not to the extent to set the hook in your mouth.

What I'll be curious about, and looking for near term, are flat out denials from the "in the loopers", that this is pure Plant interview humo(u)r poppycock.

Or, that lack of info in that regard *could* mean something is brewing in the Led Zeppelin cauldron.

Robert said at the Kennedy Center Honors he'd be willing to talk to anyone basically that came with new stuff. On the interview of the reporter who interviewed him, she furthered by saying he said he'd be interested in doing NEW music, so I don't really think this is news either. The problem is these things are edited so they come off looking like they say whatever the news agency wants them to say. If they would have played that entire conversation out, there might be better understanding on what exactly his thoughts are. Having said that, the reporter also said she didn't believe he was serious so there is that considering she was there for the full conversation.

I will slightly ammend what I said above because of something that I just recalled. My brother told me way back in 1985 (yeah, a reliable source eh?lol) That he was watching MTV news and in one of their "news" flashes there was a "blurt" interview showing Robert talking about possibly working on something new with Jimmy Page and JPJ.

Of course he was talking about the aborted post Live Aid reunion gig. Again I never seen this myself. So maybe thats one instance of him making a comment about outright working with the two guys again, but that could possibly be the only other time I've ever heard of him saying it. I wish I could find a clip if its out there.

I just watched the 60 Minutes interview. Robert did not look nor sound to me like he was making a joke. We'll see. If they come to Dallas my friends and I will go apes--it.

Well, JR Ewing recently passed away and I'm wondering if Percy bought South Fork and the band has been quietly rehearsing new material at the ranch...

Sorry, Reggie1971, I couldn't let that one go by without a poke. Forgive me.

Dallas, Texas. One of the greatest cities in the U.S.

I think this could be a possibility, but not as a "Zeppelin Reunion Tour." I have been purchasing Robert's live material from his latest tour and I feel his singing capabilities are better now than in 07', about 80' but not quite 77' IMO and I think this is very important to him. He may finally feel capable of performing the Zep catalogue in a live setting in the original arrangements. However, I think he would insist on recording new material and basing the live show on the new material splitting it up 50 - 50 between old & new. I also believe he would insist on calling the band something else as well.

Who knows, but what I do know is that his material on this recent tour is much more diverse and closer by far to the Mighty Rearranger style than to his "roots" music he has been doing. Check out his Live in Mexico City performance from November 2012, it is very good and his vocals on Rock & Roll are better than his 07' performance IMO.

You never know???

I can see Southfork from my upstairs study...

ARMS Concerts kicked off in Dallas, sure would be nice if they released their new project and kicked off limited engagements in:

2 Dallas

2 Berlin

1 Osaka

1 Dubai

2 LA

2 NYC

1 Paris

yes people are in the know- however, until we see Sam post up new splash screens and countdown stuff it's all conjecture and what ifs. KCH touched people, not the least of which is knowing, feeling and seeing how much the members of Led Zeppelin are loved and appreciated. It is touching to me seeing them be touched so tenderly and purely. It's not the late '70s anymore- there is space for Led Zeppelin- and just as they are now. Plant is singing extradordinarily well right now and he knows it.

Celebration Day is a kick in the ass for me. Seeing it at cinema here in Dallas was incredible. Seeing it in my man cave is as well. Both cd's are in rotation in my truck.

2014 get here.

Well, JR Ewing recently passed away and I'm wondering if Percy bought South Fork and the band has been quietly rehearsing new material at the ranch...

I can see Southfork from my upstairs study...

ARMS Concerts kicked off in Dallas, sure would be nice if they released their new project and kicked off limited engagements in:

2 Dallas

2 Berlin

1 Osaka

1 Dubai

2 LA

2 NYC

1 Paris

yes people are in the know- however, until we see Sam post up new splash screens and countdown stuff it's all conjecture and what ifs. KCH touched people, not the least of which is knowing, feeling and seeing how much the members of Led Zeppelin are loved and appreciated. It is touching to me seeing them be touched so tenderly and purely. It's not the late '70s anymore- there is space for Led Zeppelin- and just as they are now. Plant is singing extradordinarily well right now and he knows it.

Celebration Day is a kick in the ass for me. Seeing it at cinema here in Dallas was incredible. Seeing it in my man cave is as well. Both cd's are in rotation in my truck.

2014 get here.

That list of cities would be nice for you as your in Dallas, but it is not one that your would ever see, 2 nights in Dallas and none in Chicago and just one show in Europe ? dont think so, anyhow its nice to dream and time will tell if there is any truth to Plants comments, and someone said if they did get back together Plant would insist it would not be called Led Zeppelin, of course it would.

"[Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones] are Capricorns. They don't say a word. They're quite contained in their own worlds and they leave it to me," said Plant. "I'm not the bad guy . . . You need to see the Capricorns – I've got nothing to do in 2014."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/robert-plant-hints-hed-be-open-to-led-zeppelin-reunion-20130218#ixzz2LPSPNL3O

That's a "Whole Lotta" speculation on people's parts to leap to the conclusion that he is willing to tour if Jimmy and John Paul are game!

I can't forsee the guys wanting to do a tour to satisfy the demand for tickets as was seen at the O2. This would mean a huge US tour, an even bigger European tour and selective worldwide dates say in S America and Auatralaisia. Jimmy is 70. This I think would be just too much or it would go on for 2 years. It's all very well doing small venues and a small tour now and then but to do this - nah ain't gonna happen. The ship sailed in 2007 when Plant said he was too busy

Of course IF it does?? Things have changed completely since the 70's and 80's. As Amie said in a post regarding Fleewtood Mac tickets, they were sold out within minutes of going on sale and appeared on e bay for ridiculous amounts of money. How many of us on this forum would actually end up with tickets that have been purchased legit??

"[Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones] are Capricorns. They don't say a word. They're quite contained in their own worlds and they leave it to me," said Plant. "I'm not the bad guy . . . You need to see the Capricorns – I've got nothing to do in 2014."

Read more: http://www.rollingst...8#ixzz2LPSPNL3O

That's a "Whole Lotta" speculation on people's parts to leap to the conclusion that he is willing to tour if Jimmy and John Paul are game!

Yep an this statement makes it totally clear that he wants to reunite. I must be reading it wrong.

Nobody cares about new material. WE WANT TO SEE ZEPPELIN IN CONCERT.

I'd rather hear new music from them than see them do a worldwide greatest hits tour, to be honest. Zep was always about looking forward, rather than back. I think they could do some really interesting new stuff - JPJ's contribution to the Vultures album was terrific, and Page is apparently sitting on years and years of new material. Plus, theres the stuff Page Jones and JB worked on after the O2. Would love it if some of that stuff finally saw the light of day.

Yeah, I'll sorta veer off a bit, but since this is a speculative/fantasy Led Zeppelin reunion thread...

If this were to take place, how many North American dates do you believe would be scheduled?

I would guess 25 to 30. All indoor arenas. NYC,LA, and Houston at least two shows.

All things being equal, I'd rather hear new music (a double album) with maybe a couple of large outdoor UK live gigs. Keep it down on the farm.

Archived