Dick Carruthers Filmed The Show

Yes...Dick is back on the scene big time and has been generating his own work (suggesting and overseeing Macca's 3-DVD set recently as he shot a lot of the Macca promos himself). If he's involved, then the project will be at the grading stage by now. The only worry is that Jimmy's gonna try to tweak that feedback out for the next three years ;-)

Yes...Dick is back on the scene big time and has been generating his own work (suggesting and overseeing Macca's 3-DVD set recently as he shot a lot of the Macca promos himself). If he's involved, then the project will be at the grading stage by now. The only worry is that Jimmy's gonna try to tweak that feedback out for the next three years ;-)

I'm not a sound engineer, but it seems to me that although the feedback was audible to the naked ear it may not necessarily be present on multitrack soundboard recordings. It just depends on how they were micd up? It seems to me each performer had has own mic, thereby capturing a direct audio feed from each instrument in addition to ambient

mics.

There'll be spill across the mics and since it happened during the songs it's gonna be a labour of love and a waste of time in the end to even dream of sorting it no matter what digital thingmyjigs you've got.

Then again it gives Jimmy something to do while Percy's off on tour with Big Al.

I'm not a sound engineer, but it seems to me that although the feedback was audible to the naked ear it may not necessarily be present on multitrack soundboard recordings. It just depends on how they were micd up? It seems to me each performer had has own mic, thereby capturing a direct audio feed from each instrument in addition to ambient

mics.

Here is a hopefull prediction. Jimmy edits the reunion show show for DVD release in surround sound. The DVD features behind the scenes documentry of the rehearsals and the fanfare with interviews with other musicians etc... Page fixes some band mistakes, removes feedback, OVERDUBS some guitar parts that he did not like.

DVD and CD is released in less than six months. Offers come in and they decide to play a SHORT tour of the US. MSG, LA BOWL, Giants Stadium etc.

in 08.

Also the possibilty of a new session is probable becuase I am sure Plant would like to see what new stuff they could do with Pages ideas and the fact that he was so happy with the vibe they still had and with Jasons blood in there.

I think if there is a live cd they should release For Your life as a first single and Kashmir as a second. Those were STRONG and radio ready for sure.

Just hopefull predictions. :rolleyes:

Archived