Best Kashmir live version

tictac

Hi there.

I am wondering and asking which do you think is the best Kashmir live version.

Official we just have Knebworth's and O2's. And I think Kashmir and For Your Life were the best moments of the whole Celebration Day night.

Cheers.

TT.

4-28-77 Cleveland &

2-14-75 Nassau

are a couple of good ones I like. Some other good ones have already been mentioned above. (I need to check out more '80 versions!)

BUT -and with all due respect to Jason and his fabulous version at the 02 - IMO - this song HAS to include Bonzo. HAS TO. This song is SIGNATURE John Bonham!

4-28-77 Cleveland &

2-14-75 Nassau

are a couple of good ones I like. Some other good ones have already been mentioned above. (I need to check out more '80 versions!)

BUT -and with all due respect to Jason and his fabulous version at the 02 - IMO - this song HAS to include Bonzo. HAS TO. This song is SIGNATURE John Bonham!

Yeah, I do see your point.

TBH, as soon as I saw this thread's title, I knew it was going to be mostly the usual posts about how great the Knebworth and O2 versions are. Perhaps I stay on this forum a bit too much?

Don't get cynical - there's no such thing as too much Sue! Quick...somebody say something UNPREDICTABLE!!!

To be honest, it would be hard NOT to mention the O2 version...but I already did my part with the Page Plant selection, didn't I?

Yes, you did! ;) I was also surprised to see the 1980 rehearsal version up here as well. (Kudos Mr. Carruthers!)

Don't get cynical - there's no such thing as too much Sue! Quick...somebody say something UNPREDICTABLE!!!

To be honest, it would be hard NOT to mention the O2 version...but I already did my part with the Page Plant selection, didn't I?

So many great versions to choose from. Although I am partial to the '75 tour, there are great versions from '77 (including "Eddie," ListenToThis). Although, I also think there are some real stinkers from '77 that just feel sluggish and boring.

I think the 8-4 Knebworth version is better than the 8-11. And...I think there are good versions from '80, when they didn't get lost. I love the "double shot" Bonzo adds to breaks (is that the right term?) in the post-'75 versions.

As for O2: I would be tempted to put it in the top 3 or 4 simply because they nailed it entirely. I was left speechless the first time I saw it. Percy, even in a different register, put all the drama and soul into it that the song deserves. The dynamics are breathtaking.

I tend to be the type who does want to have a favorite for the live standbys. For Kashmir, it might be 5-25-75.

I should "research" this. :peace:

Hey, LTT, I'll give it another listen. Eddie is my favorite show of all time, but it's been while (I tend to save it for special occasions now, such is my reverence). Thanks for the motivation.

Edited by mielazul