Pink Floyd?

KittyKashmir

Big time Floyd fan. Have seen them live about 5 or 6 times over the years. I have pretty much everything they've done, plus a few bootlegs. Also have solo stuff by Gilmour, and Waters. I used to have a Richard Wright solo album years ago (it was great)., but lost it somehow.

Pink Floyd is awesome. My favorite album is probably Animals with Wish You Were Here being a close second. I don't much care for anything pre Meddle, I have Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother, I just cant get into them.

Favorite songs? Well... Pigs (three different ones), Any Colour You Like, Echoes, Childhood's End, Wish You Were Here, Hey You, Young Lust, Nobody Home.....I could go on and on :P

Here's some amazing super8 footage that was found a few weeks ago. Absolutely fantastic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqxJL9emzQk

I love Floyd .....I was sure there had allready been a Pink Floyd thread here, and was shocked when the search came up without.

Without question there already is one. Strange that the search didn't find it. Hmmm....

The Floyd are the British yin to Zeppelin's yang, no question in my mind. Rock music would be a lesser place without them, my second favourite group for sure.

Gilmour's guitar solos are spine-chilling, especially on Comfortable Numb (live or album). Run Like Hell is a song like no other, brilliant to jam along to on bass or guitar (or singing for that matter).

What I love about Floyd is that they are not just songs, they are journeys through the mind - much like many of Zeppelin's tracks. You are never the same after discovering Pink Floyd, just as with Zep.

I have several CD's of Pink Floyd, Dark Side Of The Moon, SACD is just amazing to say the least. The sound scape is what the album was supposed to do..blow us away. I want to get Wish You Were Here on SACD but it's really pricey.

Jeff

The Live=8 reunion in 2005 was to Pink Floyd fans ,what the 02 2007 reunion gig was to Zep fans , It was Gilmour that did n't want to tour with Waters afterwards (they did the Syd Barrett tribute minus Waters ,who played solo spot) ,but I wonder if he knew how ill Richard Wright was or was becoming

, If they Gilmour-Waters-Mason went out as Pink Floyd again who would replace Richard Wright ?

I love Pink Floyd but I only have five of their albums, namely Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of the Moon, The Division Bell, A Momentary Lapse of Reason, & The Wall. My favourite is Wish You Were Here, David Gilmour's guitar is such a pleasure to your ears. But I like a lot of the tracks on The Wall and Sorrow from Momentary Lapse of Reason. I like the quirkiness of Roger Water's singing and the whole package is just so professional and slick, even down to their backing singers and lazer shows.

Archived