If you love Jimmy

If you love Jimmy (and who doesn't?) why not become involved in the charity he has been Patron of for the last eight years or so - ABC Trust - Action for Brazil's Children Trust (see abctrust.org.uk). It is a great cause and is close to Jimmy's heart.

Every year, instead of sending Christmas cards to all and sundry, I make a donation to charity instead. I also tell people what I'm doing, so they don't think I'm a miserable "bah humbug" kinda git who's too mean to send them a card!

Most cards just finish up in the recycling bin (or worse, in the dustbin), so I'd rather do something which will make a real difference to the lives of people who really need help.

Anyway, this year I've decided to donate to the ABC Trust in lieu of spending money on cards and postage stamps - so please pass this idea on, and maybe we can raise lots of money for Jimmy's charity. :)

Merry Christmas!

If you love Jimmy (and who doesn't?) why not become involved in the charity he has been Patron of for the last eight years or so - ABC Trust - Action for Brazil's Children Trust (see abctrust.org.uk). It is a great cause and is close to Jimmy's heart.

People should become involved with this (& other charities) because they love helping others, not because they love Jimmy.

People should become involved with this (& other charities) because they love helping others, not because they love Jimmy.

Well said.

Give from the heart or don't give at all.

I prefer to give to a local cause, and does not deminish my love for Jimmy.

Hey folks I run a youth music charity which Jimmy is currently supporting, its a fact that all charities including the one I run could not survivie without the Generosity of individuals well know and not, its a sad fact that some people only give so they can influence yet most giving is done quietly and without any need for return which is the way it should be, I would say to people if you can give to charity give, that can mean money or it can mean time, Livewire employs musicians and it it also relies on a great bunch of people who give time, a few hours per week, occaisionally someone give us a guitar, a drum kit or whatever, this again helps us to keep on offering young people access to music facilities.

There are all kinds of ways to give and wether people are giving to a Charity that Jimmy supports or not its cool and those people should feel good about it, however much or little.

Anyway finally I believe that when w give money, time, stuff etc, karma has a really cool way of giving something great back to us, that can simply be a great feeling inside or something more.

I was fortunate enough to take two young people to the gig on the 10th from Livewire and for them it was an awesome and inspiring experience and for me it was just awesome karma coming back maybe!!!

When people start working together to tackle issues cool things happen, we believed that during the 60's and 70's and maybe lost it a little during the 80's, 90's and 00's if you got the chance to change someones life just a little in a postivie way I defy you to maytch that feeling :)

Av fun fellow Zeppers and hope ya Christmas is everything you want it to be.

Andy

ps you can check out our charity through the link below, we are midway through getting a new website so book mark us and if you are able to help in any way we will be really grateful.

I went to the ABC Trust dinner in Ft. Lauderdale back in 2002. It was a really nice event, even got to meet Jimmy for a second time.

It was well worth the price of admission, and the money went to a worthy cause.

I was there as well but I do not remember seeing you. At least from judging by the picture as your icon. I did graphics design and formatting for the charity event flyer . I did not say hello to Jimmy that night. But he knew I was there so that made me happy. He smiled at me in a lovely way.

I was there as well but I do not remember seeing you. At least from judging by the picture as your icon. I did graphics design and formatting for the charity event flyer . I did not say hello to Jimmy that night. But he knew I was there so that made me happy. He smiled at me in a lovely way.

That picture in the avatar is not me. That's Scott Asheton from The Stooges. ;) Check my profile for the real me.

I was sitting with some of the Led Zeppelin tribute band that was there- "Robert" and "Jonesy" were at my table.

That picture in the avatar is not me. That's Scott Asheton from The Stooges. ;) Check my profile for the real me.

I was sitting with some of the Led Zeppelin tribute band that was there- "Robert" and "Jonesy" were at my table.

The fake Jimmy catcalled me, whistliing at my sexy dress from your table. You guys were wild!~~~

The fake Jimmy catcalled me, whistliing at my sexy dress from your table. You guys were wild!~~~

Yeah, "Jimmy" was quite inebriated. After the show, I saw him staggering around, shouting "I met JIMMY FUCKIN' PAGE" over and over again! :lol:

It was a great time. :D

Last night I was treated to my first surprise birthday bash (40y.o.) by my very special significant other,and my gift from her was that she had asked the guests to donate to ABC at my request instead of any other gifts. This morning we donated the $200.00 to ABC that we recieved last night.

She surprised me to no end, and for both of our extended families this year for christmas we have donated to heifer international and a local homeless shelter here in salt lake in their names.

For me knowing people are trying to help those in need is encouraging and rewarding...not to mention how glad I am to read all the glowing reviews of the show on the 10th!

Oh yeah... Believe me, children here in Brazil really need it.

I'm a brazilian so I really appreciate you guys who colaborate with Jimmy's ABC Trust

or any other organisation that helps children, not only here in Brazil, but all over the world.

Thank You;

and sorry my bad English :rolleyes:

and dont forget.......................................... if you are self emplyed/freelance or own a company you can offset any charitable giving against tax :) Cool ehh

Av fun

Andy

I could be a volunteer I have alot of time on my hands how do you volunteer?

What is the website?

I could be a volunteer I have alot of time on my hands how do you volunteer?

What is the website?

hiya we are at www.livewireyouth.com based in cornwall england, there are charities all over the world desparately needing volunteers to help.

Volunteering can be anything from actual youth work/ support work, fundraising, admin, being on commitee's, lobbying, we also have a lot of volunteer musicians who teach young people or help develop bands. Its a great job if you have some spare time and in my case led to a fulltime paid job eventually :)

All the best

Andy

hiya we are at www.livewireyouth.com based in cornwall england, there are charities all over the world desparately needing volunteers to help.

Volunteering can be anything from actual youth work/ support work, fundraising, admin, being on commitee's, lobbying, we also have a lot of volunteer musicians who teach young people or help develop bands. Its a great job if you have some spare time and in my case led to a fulltime paid job eventually :)

All the best

Andy

andy I went there it doesn't say where to vonlunteer.I can't call England.How do you fill ou an applciation?

Can you help me out Andy?

Where about are you Scarlett??

I am in Los Angeles,Ca.

I can teach piano,bass,and guitar.

I worked and volunteered at this place called LA Shant.it is in Hollywood.For a couple of years.

i want to do something fulfilling.But there were problems.

Thanks Andy.

Ok Scarlett I will do some search and see if theres somewhere nearer to you that you could help with, I know Scott Warren from Dio's band was going to try and set up something like Livewire in the US, will get back to you mate.

All the best

Andy

email me at andy@livewireyouth.com so we dont clutter this thread :o)

yes that I can do I can teach a couple days a week.I need something to do.

I am sure there has to be something in los angeles.it is a huge city.

It must be difficult to teach music.teaching music is not easy.I want to teach piano to the younger kids somehow that would be great Andy.Have you found anything?

Archived