The Song Remains the Same live tabulature

yoyoyojo

Greetings,

I have been researching (and practicing) on guitar tabs for the live version of The Song Remains the Same (as played in the movie by the same name). Unfortunately I have not found a complete guitar TAB in standard tuning of this arraignment. Additionally the more I look the more I find there are only really three tabs for this song that exist on the internet.

Here is what I found:

• Strong debate and evidence that Jimmy played TSRTS live in standard tuning
  • TSRTS Live TAB in the EADADE open tuning (various websites). Complete and well done but not in standard tuning. I tired to transpose this to standard tuning, but as you can guess it's not so easy
  • TSRTS Live TAB of the solo only in standard tuning - well done, however it's just the solo.
  • TSRTS Studio TAB in standard tuning. Multiple guitar arraignments and a lot of what Jimmy does live is not in the studio version
  • An amazing video on youtube where a guy does a note-for-note cover of the live version of TSRTS Live (as played on the movie). While the video is on his fret board the angle is not the best to see the actual notes beign played. This video helps me a bit but still hard to follow (so many great moments and chord arraignments). This video is also evidence that TSRTS was doen in standard tuning.
  • A so-so TSRTS Live video turtorial of vanderbilly. Many of the parts are not accurate (at least to my ear) and he even admits needing to re-do as he made mistakes.
  • Unable to find offical tabs for TSRTS live. There is a tab book for Celebration day but in reading the description they clearly state the tabs are from the studio version of the songs.

In all of the above what is missing is a complete tab in standard tuning of TSRTS Live. I know the main parts, have the solo covered but so many great chord progressions, arpeggios and runs that I am struggling to learn.

At this point I am using the note-for-note cover I found on youtube to figure out those parts I do not know (nor have good tabs) but it's a slow process. I might resort back to the open-tuning tab and try to transpose. I'm also thinking of pulling together what I learned into a new tab and postign that online.

But before I go through all of that I'd thought I'd come here. Does any know of, or have, a good quality tb for TSRTS live? Keep in mind all that I've study so far (so no need to point me to another studio tab for example).

Thanks

Do what I done, Take the studio version GuitarPro tab, Single out the 12 string part and learn, Learn the live solo from the Live guitarpro tab, You can paste it into the studio version guitarpro.. The only parts that are really different are the fills in the verses, I know them and can tab out for you.. Then the bridge part after the main solo, That is on the 12 string tab, I will try tab the 'live bits' for you...

----------0------------------------ ---------0--------3-----023--------------- -------0---------------0--0-1-3-5------10-8---10-7-

------------3----0h1-0h1-0------ ----------3-----3-------------023-023-0- ---2--2-1s2--------1--1-3-5-7-8-6-12-10-12-8-

-----------------0-----0----0----- ----------------6----34--------------------- -- -3-----------3h4---2-------------9-7--------------7

-----0----------------------------- -------0-------------------------------------- F F -/4---------------------3---------------------------------

---2------------------------------- ----2---------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------

-3--------------------------------- --3------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------------------

Led! Thanks so much. I'll try these parts when I do my nightly-TSRTS-practice ;-)

Yes the funky part is a bit tricky, sounds simple but hard to execute.

I'll report back. Thanks again

The hardest part for me is the funky rhythm just before the 1st verse.. at 140+bpm its a struggle...

No version I have seen has open tuning, Standard all the way...

Adding in the links to the documents referred to in my original post.

Greetings,

I have been researching (and practicing) on guitar tabs for the live version of The Song Remains the Same (as played in the movie by the same name). Unfortunately I have not found a complete guitar TAB in standard tuning of this arraignment. Additionally the more I look the more I find there are only really three tabs for this song that exist on the internet.

Here is what I found:

In all of the above what is missing is a complete tab in standard tuning of TSRTS Live. I know the main parts, have the solo covered but so many great chord progressions, arpeggios and runs that I am struggling to learn.

At this point I am using the note-for-note cover I found on youtube to figure out those parts I do not know (nor have good tabs) but it's a slow process. I might resort back to the open-tuning tab and try to transpose. I'm also thinking of pulling together what I learned into a new tab and postign that online.

But before I go through all of that I'd thought I'd come here. Does any know of, or have, a good quality tb for TSRTS live? Keep in mind all that I've study so far (so no need to point me to another studio tab for example).

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey LedZepTributeUK,

Just wanted to thank you for the licks. They helped fill in the gaps. I can now play up through the solo. Still working on some of the arpegios he does after the solo so if you or anyone else has them please post.

• 1 year later...

Here's the bridge before the second solo:

--3--3--3--3--3---2--3--2--0-2-
\5-53-3--3--3--3---3--3--3--3--
-------4--2--0--0---0--0--0----
-----------------2-------------
-------------------------------
-------------------------------
repeat
-------0--3-------------7-------------
----3---3--3---8---10-------10---8-10-
---0-0---0--0---9----9---9----9---9---