Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
augustus

Best song off Houses of the Holy

492 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite song on Houses of the Holy?

• The Song Remains the Same
    • The Rain Song
    • Over the Hills and Far Away
    • The Crunge
    • Dancing Days
    • D'yer Mak'er
    • No Quarter
    • The Ocean

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

186 posts in this topic

I had trouble with this poll because I love D'Yer Mak'Er, The Ocean, and No Quarter.

I picked No Quarter because I love the drumming and guitar.

Yeah, this was a really tough choice. For me it was a toss up between The Ocean and The Rain Song, but The Ocean won in the end, due to the sheer variety of moods and styles in a single song. What's not to love?! :D

Edit: Woo hoo! My 100th post - now I am officially a Zep Head!!! :yay:

Edited by Lilith

Definitely No quarter - music, voice, lyrics, atmosphere - amazing, moving, thrilling..a lot of memories connected with this song.. :rolleyes:

But Dy'er mak'er is very close to it:) It makes me feel good B)

For me it's Dancing Days, it seemed to be the most "Modern" sounding Song. Maybe because i heard the Stone Temple Pilots version before i heard Zep Original. But i tell what i don't actually like listening to any of the songs on the actually album, i think they are all better "Live", but then again which Zep Song Isn't.

In The Evening.

Well its close for me but my favorite song of all time is the Ocean not far behind is over the hills and far away love them both

No Quarter for me. I love that hippy, trippy, psychadelic feel to it. A very unique song by Zeppelin standards, as there was no other song they did that was similar.

My second favourite was D'yer M'aker. I read somewhere that Robert Plant was so ga ga over that song, that he wanted it released as a single. That's quite an about turn for Zeppelin, as they were renowned for not releasing singles.

Can anyone verify if that is true?

The Rain Song...it has special meaning. And for the line "speak to me only with your eyes.."

I chose The Rain Song because as a guitarist I love the tuning, the keyboards and the lyrics.

You could pick any song off HOTH and it wouldn't be out of place as a favourite, even The Crunge, "where's that confounded bridge".

I voted on D'yer Ma'ker, because I loved someone, who lived very far from me, and when I saw her was almost time to her get back, and in that time I heard It too much!

This is a really hard question since HOTH is my fave Zep album.

For me it has to be "Dancing Days". I just love it!

I have troubles deciding between Rainsong and No Qtr. Mood dependant?

Tie between No Quarter, The Ocean, and Rain Song. No Quarter is basically Led Zeppelin in a nutshell. Whenever performed live it is brilliant and is so mysterious and awesome. The Ocean is an amazing pop hit and such a happy song. The Rain Song is the best love song ever written as far as I'm concerned.

I missed the distinction between "best" and "favourite", so I voted for OTHAFA (favourite) purely because of the harpsichord, but I think NQ is the best.

for me

without a doubt, No Quarter, such wonderful memories of that beautiful song. :D

I picked the Song Remains the Same. I'm surprised more people are not picking it, although I am not surprised by the low response to The Crunge. I like the stacatto rhythm guitar but the synth is obnoxious.

BWAAAAHHHH! I can't choose between "The Song Remains the Same" or "No Quarter"! :'(

The Rain Song.

It really is a spectacular song. Every time it rains this song plays in my head...and if I'm home and it's raining, I always play it...what a geek eh? :D

OTHAFA for me.

I needed three years to appreciate it. or..to faLL for it.

For me it would be The Rain Song and No Quarter.