THE METAL THREAD!

My metal tastes have been pretty uniform since the 80s. Maiden, Priest, Metallica and the like. I've enjoyed seeing many of them again over the past few years as it seems like there's been a resurgence of classic metal. My friend actually talked me into getting Twisted Sister tickets for an upcoming date. I never saw them back in the day so why not. I Wanna Rock!!

Metallica are the kings and I here the new album is gonna kick ass. They are our generations Led Zeppelin. (for those of us too young to have seen Zepp that is.)

Love Maiden, Megadeath, Sepultura, Slayer, Anthrax and Slipknot.

Well, as a few people know, I love hair metal! ut I also love Pantera, Metallica and Megadeth (AND I'M GOING TO SEE MEGADETH ON THE 17TH OF FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D )

Now are we talking about heavy metal or hair metal? big diffrence. Poison is hair metal, Metallica is heavy metal. Tesla is hair metal, Pantera is heavy metal. Both are great genres of music but completely diffrent monsters. :beer:

Ahh, well, they are both metal, and the thread title doesn't state what kind of metal. Me, personally, I prefer hair metal (Motley Crue rule), but yeah, I love heavy metal (I'm getting more and more into it. I listen to it loud on the bus... and now I have the title 'The Wierd Girl Who Listens To Hard Rock' and they ask me if it hurts my ears. And I laugh :lol:)

Ahh, well, they are both metal, and the thread title doesn't state what kind of metal. Me, personally, I prefer hair metal (Motley Crue rule), but yeah, I love heavy metal (I'm getting more and more into it. I listen to it loud on the bus... and now I have the title 'The Wierd Girl Who Listens To Hard Rock' and they ask me if it hurts my ears. And I laugh :lol:)

well that was my era and I love it. Motley Crue, Ratt, Tesla, Ozzy, Cinderalla, ect... love em all. Seen em all in concert and still try to catch em when they tour now.

Ah, you lucky sod!!!! I've seen Motley Crue (they put on the most amazing live show I have ever seen... and that was just mainly raw... no dancers, not much of a light show, not much pyro, just raw Crue- AMAZING) I'd KILL to see Ratt, Steven Pearcy has such a cool voice, and I love Cinderella's hair. I'd love to see Poison too, but they're looking a bit odd these days! :lol:

Ah, you lucky sod!!!! I've seen Motley Crue (they put on the most amazing live show I have ever seen... and that was just mainly raw... no dancers, not much of a light show, not much pyro, just raw Crue- AMAZING) I'd KILL to see Ratt, Steven Pearcy has such a cool voice, and I love Cinderella's hair. I'd love to see Poison too, but they're looking a bit odd these days! :lol:

Saw Crue with Whitesnake in 87?? i think it was.

Saw Poison and Warrant in the late eighties as well as Poison/Ratt

A couple of years ago in Tampa, Fl I saw Poison/Ratt/Great White/ LA guns. And in 2005 saw Def Leppard and Tesla.

Hell I saw Ozzy and Metallica in concert together in 86 now that was nuts!!

Wow, Warrant. Cherry Pie is an awesome song. And I love LA Guns too, man, you are so lucky. And Ozzy and Metallica?? Man, what a combination! That must of been fantastic! The Crue and Whitesnake concert was probably '87, they toured with Whitesnake in the late 80s. Mick Mars wasn't too happy with it :lol:

I saw Motley Crue with Papa Roach in June this year, they are so underrated, Mick can really wail.

Wow, Warrant. Cherry Pie is an awesome song. And I love LA Guns too, man, you are so lucky. And Ozzy and Metallica?? Man, what a combination! That must of been fantastic! The Crue and Whitesnake concert was probably '87, they toured with Whitesnake in the late 80s. Mick Mars wasn't too happy with it :lol:

I saw Motley Crue with Papa Roach in June this year, they are so underrated, Mick can really wail.

How did Mick look?? He went through some serious sh*t. Thought he could barely stand.

Oh yeah, but well, Vince was a bit of an ass. They all were. But hey're back together now, which is the main thing, although, the tracks I've herad from generation Swine from when they got back together in '97 ain't that great. They don't sound like Motley Crue. I like Glitter though, very much so. I have all their 80s albums, great stuff. Wild Side and Louder Than Hell are definately my favourites of the moment.

Haha, that is a kick ass song. I'll always remember saying to my parents 'Oh, I'd like a Motley Crue CD for Christmas' and my mum said 'Oh, what songs do they do?' and me and my dad both burst into Girls, Girls, Girls, haha.

They do some lovely ballads too, Time For Change is just gorgeous!

I've been rockin' to Electric Wizard lately. But Man, I'd love to hear them with better production and a better singer. It's like, 90% awesome, but the 10% suck that happens with every Electric Wizard song prevents me from totally diggin' it.

Oh yeah, and the new Wolves In the Throne Room. Check it out.

you like Wolves in the Throne Room?

Wow. Thats awesome. I never thought I would read that band name on this site(or the last one) except when I posted about them. Two Hunters is amazing but Diadem of 12 Stars I enjoy slightly more.

my favorite metal bands over the years would be...

ULVER

opeth

Meshuggah

Maudlin of the Well

kayo dot

between the buried and me

the devin townsend band

Agolloch

strapping young lad

Ephel Duath

mastodon

Fantomas

Oxbow

wolves in the throne room

Katatonia

In Flames (the early years ONLY)

Dream Theater

Protest the Hero

Iron Maiden

Emperor

Burzum

Dissecction

Xasthur

Sleep Terror

Killswitch Engage

im probably forgetting a ton.

Edited by Kith Kannan

you like Wolves in the Throne Room?

Wow. Thats awesome. I never thought I would read that band name on this site(or the last one) except when I posted about them. Two Hunters is amazing but Diadem of 12 Stars I enjoy slightly more.

Yeah, they were one of the bands that opened when I saw Sunn O))) over the summer, so that's how I was exposed to them. In fact they were the only opening band that I enjoyed. Then a friend of mind kept raving about the new album and continually prodded me to check it out, so finally I gave in.

I have yet to listen to Diadem of 12 Stars, but if it's as good as or better than Two Hunters I'll have to check it out.

Yeah, they were one of the bands that opened when I saw Sunn O))) over the summer, so that's how I was exposed to them. In fact they were the only opening band that I enjoyed. Then a friend of mind kept raving about the new album and continually prodded me to check it out, so finally I gave in.

I have yet to listen to Diadem of 12 Stars, but if it's as good as or better than Two Hunters I'll have to check it out.

I don't know if you will enjoy Diadem as much as TH. It's still ambient black metal, but less ambient than TH and more Black Metal. The more I think about it the harder it is to pick a favorite betweem the two. Depends on what mood I'm in.