THE METAL THREAD!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Johnny 5 is something else ain't he? Reminds me of a young Jimmy Page doing a bunch of 'crazy stuff' to get these "off the wall sounds", people call it noise, I see it as progression--"what type of sound can I create from this instrument"--the violin bow across a doubleneck--where'd that come from, hmmmm

My favorites, of course Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Rainbow (early Rainbow--love Ritchie Blackmore-he's no Page, but he can rock), Dio, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Guns n Roses (original lineup) and a few others who I like some of their stuff--Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Motorhead, LA Guns. I'm more into the bluesier stuff--Paul Rodgers and any of his ventures has to be one of my favorites. It's a shame the firm lasted as short as they did, would've loved to see that pairing of Rodgers and Page go on some more.

• 3 months later...

There are some bands that people have listed that are favs of mine but I don't consider them Metal- like AC/DC, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, Alice in Chains, UFO, etc...

My fav Metal bands:

Bad Brains

Black Sabbath

Dio

Iron Maiden

Judas Priest

Megadeth

Ministry

Motley Crue

Motorhead

Slayer

The Sword