Original Guitars?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, I'm new here. Were the sunburst les paul and the 1275 that Jimmy used at the O2 show originals from the Zeppelin years? I mean like were those the same ones seen on the Zeppelin tours? I thought I heard somewhere that the Les Paul was THE Les Paul he used in Zeppelin. Like the number 1 or 2 Les Paul. I could be wrong. Does anyone know this? I can't seem to find anything about it.

He used the reissues and the originals. I can't tell for sure, but I saw on the MLP forum that he used his number 1 signature model that Gibson USA made for him back in 1995. He had a huge stack of guitars backstage at the O2 show, and he used on stage a plethora of Les Pauls originals and reissues.

I noticed that nobody ever seemed to bring that up. My friend and I had been debating on what he used at the O2. Thank you very much for your answer.

Anytime! I'm a Page addict my self, so any question about his guitars or what he played on what, just shoot away and I'll do my best to provide a good awnser!

The ES-350 he used was incredible, amazing tone! My favorite song overall though was For Your Life, loved his tone and solo.

Anyway, Jimmy used his 59' #1 for half of the songs, the double neck was also the one used in Zep as was the #3 Wine he used for Kashmir. The black custom and ES-350 were new and never used before.

I wish they would have played Achilles & TYG, I would have shit myself if they knocked out TYG on his 54' Tele with the B-Bender.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived