WYSP In Philadelphia playing O2 show this w/e

When you listened to slowburn's recording (I have since confirmed that my copy is slowburn's), did you get some incredibly booming bass? I mean so much that it reverberated to the point where you needed to turn it down? I listened yesterday for the first time on my home stereo (previously only on computer speakers) and was dissapointed with the sound, especially the bass.

Yeah, the bass is pretty thunderous. I had to crank the high end and lower the bass on my EQ to keep my ears from exploding with my headphones. But I'll take a bass-heavy recording over a thin, tinny one any day.

Recorded the whole gig

I experienced some troubles with the streaming...it stoped from, time to time...i thus loosed parts of the show here anbd there nothing that important but i'm mad about that...

Does anyone met such problems while recording the gig?

Another information...Some songs were in MONO sound, that means they were not all coming from the same source...

Anyway, if another one of you recorded the gig without problems I think it would be better he propose his recording...

If you want me guys to put it online for you no pb, but you must know there are some very small parts of the show which are missing...i can do a great mix work anyway so it will not be noticeable...

ANother thing, if i'm not mistaken the audio was streamed at 64kbps...not very much...and i now some places were the sun beats harder than that...contact me if you want to know where the stairway to heaven is located.

Artur

Recorded the whole gig

I experienced some troubles with the streaming...it stoped from, time to time...i thus loosed parts of the show here anbd there nothing that important but i'm mad about that...

Does anyone met such problems while recording the gig?

Another information...Some songs were in MONO sound, that means they were not all coming from the same source...

Anyway, if another one of you recorded the gig without problems I think it would be better he propose his recording...

If you want me guys to put it online for you no pb, but you must know there are some very small parts of the show which are missing...i can do a great mix work anyway so it will not be noticeable...

ANother thing, if i'm not mistaken the audio was streamed at 64kbps...not very much...and i now some places were the sun beats harder than that...contact me if you want to know where the stairway to heaven is located.

Artur

Thanks Artur, you rock!!! B)

Am I correct in assuming that the slowburn recording is still going to be better quality, since it was not recorded at 64 kbps and doesn't have any radio commercials/DJ stuff?

Seemed to be more of a sub-bass muddiness that overwhelmed it....and it was hard to define and sculpture the bass into a solid feel....for me...

But this broadcast cleaned up the recording and sounds better than how I heard the download on my home system....

The same point was made about the sound by an attendee to the show in another thread in the forums....he was chided for having a critical view of the sound....but I understand where hes coming from....sub-bass can really muck up the sound in such a cavernous arena...!!!

Right, I wasn't clear. I guess that's good news then about the broadcast? However, if was broadcast at 64 kbps, then the overall quality can't be that good. Unless someone got a copy

from the HD broacast....

Thanks Artur, you rock!!! B)

Am I correct in assuming that the slowburn recording is still going to be better quality, since it was not recorded at 64 kbps and doesn't have any radio commercials/DJ stuff?

Yes sure, it's obvious...

but to get it better one should work on the frequency response to reduce the bass and obtain more presence from robert's voice...i can do that actually but my post has been deleted....

yesterday i thought it was a diff boot than slowburns,, i take that back, now i think that its his after hearing the whole show. The radio must have had a mic on when they did the level check during TSRTS yesterday. man how awesome is that

Big Kudos to slowburn and the folks @ wysp

i recorded the whole thing and maybe 2 or 3 1/2 second drop outs during the whole stream. =]

Seemed to be more of a sub-bass muddiness that overwhelmed it....and it was hard to define and sculpture the bass into a solid feel....for me...

But this broadcast cleaned up the recording and sounds better than how I heard the download on my home system....

The same point was made about the sound by an attendee to the show in another thread in the forums....he was chided for having a critical view of the sound....but I understand where hes coming from....sub-bass can really muck up the sound in such a cavernous arena...!!!

From what I heard i must admit the sound was ok

Using JBL Loudspeakers....DECADE L26

Due to a brief power failure here in Florida I was only able to record 2/3 of this broadcast. Initially I was pissed off, but I soon realized this was probably just an airing of slowburn's recording. I hoped it would end up being a from different source but it doesn't appear to be the case. Kudos to him for being able to pull it off and get it out so quickly.

However.... This cannot possibly be the best recording to come out of the O2. Someone out there has been sitting on what will be considered the definitive recording of this concert, and I am very much looking forward to it turning up.

About the performance itself....

After the initial euphoria has worn off from this show, I've begun to contemplate how much better they would sound with 5 or 10 shows under their belt. Having listened to this a dozen times, I'm starting to notice how tentative they were playing, and on several occasions how close they were to spinning out of control. Unfortunately we may never get the chance to see and hear what a difference a few more shows would make.

i recorded the whole thing and maybe 2 or 3 1/2 second drop outs during the whole stream. =]

A few things I noticed while prepping to record this show. Whenever I opened another page or navigated the internet I would get a hiccup in the stream. While I was recording I left everything alone and had no issues at all with the stream or recording.

Also, from prior experience recording internet streams I would get consistent dropoffs in the recording which I finally determined to be caused by the buffer settings I was using. I practically pulled my hair out and damaged a bunch of recordings before figuring it out.

BTW, I had no dropouts, just got a new pc with mega ram, maybe that had something to do with it, not sure. Unfortunately I couldnt figure out how to record it, no too savvy on that stuff.

You have to imagine that there will be an official CD and DVD release in the new year, no?

Thank You very Much Tone_Boss very enjoyable great vibe ........they played thier asses off ! :thumbsup:

No problemo, when I heard the commercial driving home Friday night I freaked ! Hopefully they do a rebroadcast so we can try to record again. I'll keep my ears open for it.

This cannot possibly be the best recording to come out of the O2. Someone out there has been sitting on what will be considered the definitive recording of this concert, and I am very much looking forward to it turning up.

About the performance itself....

After the initial euphoria has worn off from this show, I've begun to contemplate how much better they would sound with 5 or 10 shows under their belt.

I agree with that.... As Zeppelin toured... the shows got better and better, as the tour progressed, getting 'in their groove' and all. For instance, many of the May and June shows of the '77 tour really rocked!! By the time they hit Dallas, in March of '75 ... they were Flyin'!

As to sound, I notcied Warby's videos had good sound without the booming bass... Perhaps the soundboard tapes, or another audience tape will surface, where they were postitioned 'in just the right spot'...

Archived