The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 7:46 AM, fuchsia said:

I am sure there are others who could do that. He had many friends. I will just say that he was witty, colossally intelligent, had an anarchic sense of humour, and was pretty much unbiddable :D If you were his friend you had to take him as you found him, but it was worth it. He has left a hollow in my world at any rate.

And since I'm posting on this forum, I'll say that he was also a Zep scholar.

Thanks for reading.

Lord Jagged, Styrbjorn, Dark Star, but I liked him best as Paul. It's been well over a month, but I'm still in denial.

Paul was a brother and a honored member of my website. You described his sense of humor with accurate precision. ;) 

I met him around in August of '07 on the Planet-Zeppelin site. We would chat for long times on Yahoo Messenger, all hours of the night. I'm not sure whether he was a late sleeper or an early riser. He gave me my first Led Zeppelin bootleg cd. I still have it, and the case. He loved early Zeppelin the best. Mention Led Zeppelin Destroyer to him, and watch him curse it. I gave him a copy as a gag gift once. :lol: 

He was a man's man. He preferred vinyl over digital described the listening to vinyl as warm. He wasn't politically correct at all.

His idea of chillin' out was to throw a couple of cushions around the place, get the bong going, bit of vinyl on the turntable. He liked Porcupine Tree. He loved Free - You'd have a difficult time finding a bigger Paul Kossoff fan.

One of the last things he said to me was:

"No worries mate, I'll see you on the 'morrow I hope.
Paul"

Rest easy, Bro.

2 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Lord Jagged, Styrbjorn, Dark Star, but I liked him best as Paul. It's been well over a month, but I'm still in denial.

Paul was a brother and a honored member of my website. You described his sense of humor with accurate precision. ;) 

I met him around in August of '07 on the Planet-Zeppelin site. We would chat for long times on Yahoo Messenger, all hours of the night. I'm not sure whether he was a late sleeper or an early riser. He gave me my first Led Zeppelin bootleg cd. I still have it, and the case. He loved early Zeppelin the best. Mention Led Zeppelin Destroyer to him, and watch him curse it. I gave him a copy as a gag gift once. :lol: 

He was a man's man. He preferred vinyl over digital described the listening to vinyl as warm. He wasn't politically correct at all.

His idea of chillin' out was to throw a couple of cushions around the place, get the bong going, bit of vinyl on the turntable. He liked Porcupine Tree. He loved Free - You'd have a difficult time finding a bigger Paul Kossoff fan.

One of the last things he said to me was:

"No worries mate, I'll see you on the 'morrow I hope.
Paul"

Rest easy, Bro.

Lovely memories. Sounds like a great, unpretentious kind of guy. Only the good die young :( I am very sorry for your loss. 

On 2/16/2016 at 10:45 PM, SteveAJones said:

This one breaks my heart. Prince protégé Vanity Matthews of Vanity Six is dead at 57.

Vanity-6-vanity-6-32046021-500-503_zpscb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm4OXfZsF9U 

I never would have guessed you were a Vanity 6 fan.  However, you are right, 57 is much too young.  From what I've read, she had struggled with serious health problems for years.  RIP.

1 hour ago, ebk said:

If you're going to write only one book, make it a classic

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/20/arts/harper-lee-dies.html?ref=arts&_r=0

I just heard of her death. Just amazing how famous she was after THE book...... I loved that book, didn't want it to end. And the movie was great.

R.I.P.

On 14-1-2016 at 2:35 PM, Patrycja said:

Uuuugh... Gutted... Cancer can go and fuck right off already.

There was a Leonard Cohen tribute at Massey Hall a while back, and Alan Rickman was one of the presenters. He read a poem. You don't really appreciate that velvety voice and moving, crafted delivery unless you've heard it live.

Great actor, concerned citizen, and caring human being. From many accounts of others who've worked with him, he was committed to his community and very supportive of his fellow actors, tending in particular to the young.

I feel so sad. What a loss. Heaven's gain. Wonder what role he'll play up there. Rehearsal's at 2pm...

I know, I know, I should be around on these forums for often.

I remember reading about Alan Rickman's passing on FaceBook. Truly was gutted too, hearing this awful news. Wonderful actor and a wonderful human being (indeed, from many accounts of others who worked with Alan. All mention his kindness, warmth and great sense of humour....). And yes...., he had THAT voice.... 

4 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Movie Star George Kennedy Dead at 91

Starred in Cool Hand Luke, Airport and many more

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/george-kennedy-dies-dead-airport-cool-hand-luke-1201718567/

Who's going to save us from disasters now? RIP George.

Edited by Strider

RIP Martin Crowe. He, IMHO, was one of the greatest batsmen that I ever lived! I am deeply crushed by this, as he was my childhood cricket hero. I know his death was imminent given how much suffering he had to undergo, but that fact doesn't make it any easier. :tears:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/77508007/new-zealand-cricket-great-martin-crowe-has-died

Fuck you, Cancer, you wretched disease!!! 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Seriously...

RIP Mrs Reagan

edited for the following:

my grandmother was 'old guard' like Mrs Reagan. Regal, in every sense of the word. My grandmother was of Vassar, Class of '42.  I don't expect all who reads this post to appreciate it, but I will thank you in advance for your respect.

Edited by planted