The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

6 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

I'm just grateful that Kirk Douglas survived that horrible year that was and even got to see his 100th birthday!  Cheers Sparticus!:toast:

And Olivia De Havilland! Both celebrated their centennial birthdays last year.

Carl Reiner and Dick Van Dyke also survived another year...Carl is 94. DVD I have to look up but he has got to be close to his 90s.

21 minutes ago, Strider said:

it lets people know who the racist-sexist-Russian commie-stooges are around here and people can engage or ignore accordingly.

does that include me too Strider?  I happened to pick the better choice which was not necessarily  the perfect choice but it was the better choice over that horrible  entitled corrupt habitual criminal liar. I hardly see how my choice makes me a racist, sexist, commie stooge just because I didnt pick the worse of two things.

RIP to the innocent people murdered today in Florida

1 minute ago, kipper said:

does that include me too Strider?  I happened to pick the better choice which was not necessarily  the perfect choice but it was the better choice over that horrible  entitled corrupt habitual criminal liar. I hardly see how my choice makes me a racist, sexist, commie stooge just because I didnt pick the worse of two things.

RIP to the innocent people murdered today in Florida

You weren't even on my mind when I wrote that and at this point, I don't care who voted for who anymore. It's over.

Innocent people are murdered every day everywhere...not just in Florida. 

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Ain't that the truth. Florida has replaced California as the nutcase state.

seems so Strider. Now we hear the shooter was inspired by ISIS. When will this end?

RIP to those souls just standing their with there loved ones waiting for their luggage in Ft Lauderdale.

52 minutes ago, kipper said:

seems so Strider. Now we hear the shooter was inspired by ISIS. When will this end?

RIP to those souls just standing their with there loved ones waiting for their luggage in Ft Lauderdale.

That is so sad. ISIS, and that ideology. 

I wish comfort for those left behind without their loved ones this 2017. 

Some domestic inspired by ISIS. That's just this losers lame excuse for his own problems. The fact is some self-loathing jackass who hates the world decided to murder people, end of story. My sister in law was at that airport on Monday, flying down from Montreal for the season. Thank god she did not book a few days later.

13 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

That is so sad. ISIS, and that ideology. 

I wish comfort for those left behind without their loved ones this 2017. 

so true apanther, Isis and all of the similar ideology has contributed way to much to this thread for years.

12 hours ago, IpMan said:

The fact is some self-loathing jackass who hates the world decided to murder people, end of story. My sister in law was at that airport on Monday, flying down from Montreal for the season. Thank god she did not book a few days later.

Ipman I am so glad to hear you sister in law was not one of those people who ended up being murdered.

The fact is there are millions just like this one man who hate the world. They hate women, they hate gays, they hate all other philosophies including many of their own too. The inspiration for all of this comes from someplace doesnt it?

I find it hard to even contemplate how any family has peace or how one can RIP when they are murdered in the name of something that is supposed to be about peace.

12 minutes ago, kipper said:

The fact is there are millions just like this one man who hate the world.

If there were millions like this guy we would have had at least one million terrorist murders by now, so I find the number you give highly unlikely.

10 minutes ago, reswati said:

If there were millions like this guy we would have had at least one million terrorist murders by now, so I find the number you give highly unlikely.

i dont think what I said is unlikely. there are millions of people with hateful ideology just not all of them murder. for example people who hate LGBTQ people dont all abuse them, but they still hate them. I was speaking to where the ideology comes from is all.

51 minutes ago, kipper said:

I was speaking to where the ideology comes from is all.

It comes from the human mind, neither animals or plants develop ideologies.

Anyway, this thread has nothing to do with discussing the origin of ideologies.........but mourning the deceased, so I leave it to this reply.

Edited by reswati

On 1/7/2017 at 4:34 AM, Strider said:

I hope so! If anyone deserves an extended holiday it's our estimable Samwise Webmaster!

Otherwise, don't let the hullabaloo get you down, Jules. Think of it as a public service...it lets people know who the racist-sexist-Russian commie-stooges are around here and people can engage or ignore accordingly.

You left out grey-haired Bears in the Bay Area. 

On January 6, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Strider said:

Ain't that the truth. Florida has replaced California as the nutcase state.

Replaced?!? :blink: We are always #1 when it comes to the untreated, mentally ill.  Thanks Rick Scott.  Happened at Pulse, happened at the airport.  Of course we have a few narcissistic, mentally ill around here too.  Hope they don't get their hands on firearms.

49 minutes ago, Walter said:

Replaced?!? :blink: We are always #1 when it comes to the untreated, mentally ill.  Thanks Rick Scott.  Happened at Pulse, happened at the airport.  Of course we have a few narcissistic, mentally ill around here too.  Hope they don't get their hands on firearms.

who is Rick Scott? Is he a jihadist?