The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

This is irrelevant to most people Stateside but Brian Matthew the presenter of BBC Radio 2 Sounds of the 60's has died aged 88. He presented the show for almost 27 years and we would wake up to the groovy tunes every Saturday morning from 8-10 am. He regularly name checked Jimmy page as the producer,arranger or player on loads of early 60's tunes and his eclectic mix of Mowtown, Pop and Psychedelic music was a joy to listen to. His compiler of the show was/is Steve "The Collector" Sauer who is well  known to Zeppelin heads as "The Lemon". The CP's say thanks Brian and we won't "see ya next week"

edit: We may yet see him next week as now it seems the BBC got it wrong. He is still with us but critically ill. Still our thoughts are with him and his family

Edited by chillumpuffer

Man that does suck! RIP Sharky

An insult is mean or unkind. Milton Berle called me the Sultan of Insult, and I was called the King of Insult. But the guy that gave me the best title - and I use it to this day - was Johnny Carson. He called me Mr. Warmth. ~ Don Rickles

On Thu Apr 06 2017 at 2:14 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Aw man, this sucks! I suppose I shouldn't be so sad as 90 is a full life, but still...I'm gonna miss him. Anyone else remember him as Crapgame in Kelly's Heroes? Very underrated movie, imo.

Loved Kells Heroes !

On 4/6/2017 at 0:14 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Aw man, this sucks! I suppose I shouldn't be so sad as 90 is a full life, but still...I'm gonna miss him. Anyone else remember him as Crapgame in Kelly's Heroes? Very underrated movie, imo.

One of my fave movies. Great cast of characters. :)