The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

Rest In Peace... my Dad. Nov 193x-April 2017

Korean War Vet. Work in Fort Meade from 1970-1980. Worked for D.O.D. at the Pentagon from 1980 to 2002. Ran an office there. Briefed generals on surveillance. Survived 9/11.

Requested by the Pentagon to come back and work as a private contractor 2003-2007. 

Loved the Rolling Stones. Couldn't get enough Robert Plant/ Alison Krauss Raising Sand.

Favorite Zeppelin song - The Song Remains The Same 

I'm going to miss his laugh most of all. RIP. ROCK ON FOREVER!

Loved Plant, but thought Jimmy Page was incredible!

Edited by apantherfrommd

45 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

Korean War Vet. Work in Fort Meade from 1970-1980. Worked for D.O.D. at the Pentagon from 1980 to 2002. Ran an office there. Briefed generals on surveillance. Survived 9/11.

Requested by the Pentagon to come back and work as a private contractor 2003-2007. 

Loved the Rolling Stones. Couldn't get enough Robert Plant/ Alison Krauss Raising Sand.

my best wishes and prayers to you and your family

12 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Really sorry to hear that! Stay strong! My best wishes and prayers go out to you and your family. :(

On 4/24/2017 at 8:55 PM, apantherfrommd said:

Andy,

I am so very sorry for your loss, I know how much your dad meant to you. My prayers go out to both you and your father.

5 hours ago, blindwillie127 said:

Michael Parks passed away at age 77. Such an underrated actor, one of my all time personal favorites. 

http://time.com/4775297/micheal-parks-twin-peaks-dies/

Me and a friend always liked 'Then Came Bronson.' We'd crack up because his Sportster always started on the first kick. :rolleyes:

R.I.P.

On 5/14/2017 at 9:58 PM, luvlz2 said:

RIP drummer Jimmy Copley who performed with such names as Jeff Beck, Paul Rodgers and Tony Iommi. http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimmy-copley-dies/

Rest In Peace Jimmy Copley. I only know a few things he played on, but I enjoy his playing very much. He had the challenge of re-recording the drum tracks for the Iommi and Glen Hughes collaboration "The Dep Sessions". Original drummer Dave Holland got himself in some serious legal trouble and Iommi opted to replace his drum tracks. Jimmy Copely did a great job and it sounds very natural and seamless. I learned today the he played the drums "open handed", which means he played a righty drum set up but played the ride cymbal and hi-hit with his left hand.. as I do. I'm definitely going to research more of his work. 

19 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

He was magnificent in Tombstone.

And Red Dawn. 

Kind of a cheesy movie but I do like it. 

Rest In Peace to both of these talented people. 

Edited by the chase

21 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

He was magnificent in Tombstone.

Two underrated roles he played:

Deadwood (Series) as Cy Toliver and Southern Comfort as Hardin

Damn I am gonna miss him.