The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

I know that this is very appropriate post but maybe not in this topic, but I have said this before in other threads, I am all for the killing of a terrorist(s) (of any kind, in any country) that threatens and terrorizes and wantonly kills innocent people and civilians. 

More to the actual topic, I am sad and heartbroken that innocent Englanders lost their lives just wanting to see a concert and have a Good Time. 

Imagine the very more Outrage if this had happened at a Robert Plant concert in Manchester or Birmingham, England. 

I know that this is very appropriate post but maybe not in this topic, but I have said this before in other threads, I am all for the killing of a terrorist(s) (of any kind, in any country) that threatens and terrorizes and wantonly kills innocent people and civilians. 

More to the actual topic, I am sad and heartbroken that innocent Englanders lost their lives just wanting to see a concert and have a Good Time. 

Imagine the very more Outrage if this had happened at a Robert Plant concert in Manchester or Birmingham, England. 

3 hours ago, Walter said:

RIP to those at the Ariana Grande show tonight in Manchester.

Prayers go out to those injured and affected. ??

+2

It's always a bit surreal to see scenes such as these in a place you know well - I've seen at least 4 concerts at this place when I lived in the UK. I'm heartbroken that people who were going to enjoy a concert have this horror right afterward. Such a waste...

54 minutes ago, ForEvermore said:

+2

It's always a bit surreal to see scenes such as these in a place you know well - I've seen at least 4 concerts at this place when I lived in the UK. I'm heartbroken that people who were going to enjoy a concert have this horror right afterward. Such a waste...

I saw Page & Plant perform there in Nov 1998. This attack, which deliberately targeted our defenseless children and young girls, is another gruesome reminder of the threat radical extremists pose to our way of life. Grieve the lost, put them to rest, then avenge them by exacting vengeance against the extremists responsible. Additionally, hold politicians accountable for their policies which have led to this becoming the new normal.  

I am heartbroken and in tears this morning that this has happened in my home city. What kind of despicable human does this? This is beyond terrorism. My prayers for the people who have lost loved ones and for the survivors who will have to live with this.

Rest In Peace to the amazing Chris Cornell. Best singer of the 90's bar none. Louder Than Love was a major musical highlight. 

My favorite James Bond. The Bond I grew up with., Rest In Peace Sir Roger Moore.

And most of all, Rest In Peace to the victims of this evil attack in Manchester. To target an event knowing the majority of attendees would be Children is beyond sick. A new low. 

On 5/23/2017 at 2:16 AM, SteveAJones said:

I saw Page & Plant perform there in Nov 1998. This attack, which deliberately targeted our defenseless children and young girls, is another gruesome reminder of the threat radical extremists pose to our way of life. Grieve the lost, put them to rest, then avenge them by exacting vengeance against the extremists responsible. Additionally, hold politicians accountable for their policies which have led to this becoming the new normal.  

Exactly.  Interesting that we don't see these types of things occurring in countries like Japan that reject multiculturalism.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:07 PM, IpMan said:

Andy,

I am so very sorry for your loss, I know how much your dad meant to you. My prayers go out to both you and your father.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, redrum said:

Sorry to hear that, Andy. We're losing all the old Vets. R.I.P.

Thank you both very much. You're right redrumrunner. I saw a WWII vet today. I talked to him for a bit. 96 year old man. He was fantastic Great guy.

5 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Thank you both very much. You're right redrumrunner. I saw a WWII vet today. I talked to him for a bit. 96 year old man. He was fantastic Great guy.

The last survivor of the Bataan Death March was on 60 Minutes last week. He's 99. :)

On 2017-4-25 at 1:55 PM, apantherfrommd said:

Rest In Peace... my Dad. Nov 193x-April 2017

Korean War Vet. Work in Fort Meade from 1970-1980. Worked for D.O.D. at the Pentagon from 1980 to 2002. Ran an office there. Briefed generals on surveillance. Survived 9/11.

Requested by the Pentagon to come back and work as a private contractor 2003-2007. 

Loved the Rolling Stones. Couldn't get enough Robert Plant/ Alison Krauss Raising Sand.

Favorite Zeppelin song - The Song Remains The Same 

I'm going to miss his laugh most of all. RIP. ROCK ON FOREVER!

Loved Plant, but thought Jimmy Page was incredible!

So very sorry for your loss, Panther.

R.I.P. 

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and families of the London attacks.

I hope all of our members in the UK are safe and sound.

Why the "terrorist threat" level was reduced is unfathomable.

Whilst it's not the ideal situation to have armed soldiers patrolling the streets of cities around the world, it is obvious they are needed.

Stay strong and safe.