The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

Rest In Peace former Black Sabbath keyboardist Geoff Nicholls aged 68 from cancer. Nicholls played on everything Black Sabbath released from Heaven and Hell (1980) thru Reunion (1998) and toured with the original lineup until 2004-5. He was one of Tony Iommi's closest friends and collaborators who stayed in the band through many ups and downs. 

Geoff was a founding member of Quartz on guitar and Keyboards. He also continued to work with Sabbath bandmate Tony Martin for years after Martin left the band.  

Edited by the chase

Barbara Hale has died.  Perry Mason was like a religion in our house back in my formative years.  We were waiting for Della and Perry to ... get together... 

She and Raymond Burr were great friends off screen.  I've read they were wonderful people.  RIP

Benny Collins, who was a production and tour manager with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Journey, the Rolling Stones, U2, Madonna and Michael Jackson, has died after a battle with pneumonia. He was 68.

http://www.pollstarpro.com/NewsContent.aspx?cat=0&com=1&ArticleID=829187

Edited by luvlz2

RIP John Wetton.  Veteran of King Crimson, Uriah Heep, UK, Asia, Wishbone Ash and more.

We've been losing progressive rock's finest bass players at an alarming rate lately, Chris then Greg and now John.  I hope Tony Levin (69) takes his vitamins!

Edited by chef free

10 hours ago, chef free said:

RIP John Wetton.  Veteran of King Crimson, Uriah Heep, UK, Asia, Wishbone Ash and more.

We've been losing progressive rock's finest bass players at an alarming rate lately, Chris then Greg and now John.  I hope Tony Levin (69) takes his vitamins!

Rest in Peace to a great singer and incredible bassist, John Wetton.

Frank Pellegrino, The Sopranos actor-cum-restaurateur, died Tuesday in New York after a battle with lung cancer. He was 72. 

The native New Yorker had several notable film and television roles in an acting career that spanned over 25 years including Goodfellas (where he played racketeer Johnny Dio), Cop Land, Mickey Blue Eyes and multiple episodes of Law & Order.

Pellegrino's most famous role, however, was playing dogged FBI Chief Frank Cubitoso in The Sopranos who heads the agency's strategy in the long-running Soprano/DiMeo case. 

24 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Sorry for the wake up call man, but I think you will find that they will. Anyway they were finished in 1979

Hey man, the Dio years weren't that bad. I actually prefer the Dio albums to any of the post-Sabbath Bloody Sabbath Ozzy albums.

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Sorry for the wake up call man, but I think you will find that they will. Anyway they were finished in 1979

You can say that, but they returned in 2013 with a number one new album, I saw them on the 13 tour and they were Sabbulous!!!!

Thier music like Zep's will live on forever.

1 hour ago, BledZabbath said:

You can say that, but they returned in 2013 with a number one new album, I saw them on the 13 tour and they were Sabbulous!!!!

Thier music like Zep's will live on forever.

I thought 13 was a great album.  Way better than Never Say Die, that's for sure.